Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Peacocks in the Campground

sills-mack
Explorer
Explorer
Hello All,
On our last trip we found peacocks cruising our campground.
I made a video to share.
Take a Look :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7V5zNnkM-Y

See You in the Campgrounds !!

Mr & Mrs Ourv
San Francisco Bay Area of California
2015 Winnebago Vista 31KE
2012 Jeep Wrangler JK 4 door in raspberry

Visit us on YouTube @ OURv
8 REPLIES 8

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
x2 on the noisy.
Many years ago we bought a house with 20 acres. When we first went to look at it there was a peacock on the roof. We thought it was neat. But we quickly learned that at 5 AM, they can be very noisy with their calls.

Our neighbor had about 5 of them and they were frequently in our yard. The very same neighbor also had hounds who were also frequently in our yard and loved to chase the peacocks. I learned that the peacocks need a bit of takeoff speed. The neighbor's hounds learned that too. Over the course of the first year that we owned our property, we found peacock feathers (and remains) around our property and eventually there were no more peacocks.

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
donkeydew wrote:
one of the loudest and dirtiest domestic bird there is.

But they roast up quite nicely on the barbie. Better than chicken

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
one of the loudest and dirtiest domestic bird there is.

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
We had a pair show up at our house once. They hung around for a few weeks. Funny to watch them spend hours watching themselves in our van's chrome bumper! Noisy and a lot of bird poop!

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
They are really pretty, but can be very loud and noisy sometimes. I like them anyway.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
Way cool what campground and where?
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
My in-laws raised peacocks. They are quite an impressive bird. The babies were so fun to play with. Every time we went to visit them, they gave us peacock feathers out of the barn and from the pen. We still have a vase packed full of peacock feathers that stand about 5 feet tall. Peacocks are all gone now. I remember how they screamed and it sounded like a baby crying.

Really cool animals, but don't make 'em mad! Normally they'll run away. But get them cornered and they'll turn and chase you and peck you pretty hard, enough to draw blood. I know ...