cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Port Aransas, TX recommendations?

michigan_buckey
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for some recommendations and feedback on Port Aransas, TX. We're thinking about heading that way this winter and hear it's a nice area.

This trip will be just the wife and I and we could be spending a good month in this area. Having fairly direct access to the beach would be a bonus.

Are there any other areas of TX on the gulf that we should consider? Sand and sun top our list of wants.

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

ron6785
Explorer
Explorer
There are approximately 14 RV parks in Port A. Two of the nicest are Pioneer Beach and Gulf Waters , however they are 3 and 5 miles from downtown PortA.

There are three right downtown , Island, Marina Beach , and Tropical Isle. There are also others but they either in residential areas or essentially run down trailer parks providing housing for people working in the low paying service industry as housing is very high. You of course have the option of parking on the beach but good luck getting the sand and salt out of and off your RV.

General Info : There are 53 bars and restaurants in Port A. There is tons of stuff to do , ,if you are interested, outside the activities provided by the RV Parks.

ed6713
Explorer
Explorer
Forgot to mention. For $12 for an annual pass,you can park on the beach overnight.
We camped on the beach then used the state park near the jetty for dump/ water. As I recall, it cost something like $5 for both.
A fun place.
Ed
๐Ÿ™‚

ed6713
Explorer
Explorer
Port A is one of our favorite areas. We prefer public campgrounds/ boondocking over commercial ones. Here is a source I use regularly.
Enjoy your trip.

Public campgrounds
๐Ÿ™‚

Robert78121
Explorer
Explorer
I'm too lazy to type my recommendation again, but you can find another thread and link to where I like to stay here.
Washington DC Area (NOVA)

Camper: 2004 Damon Daybreak 3285 WorkHorse 8.1
Toad: 1996 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - BlueOx
Toy: 2012 Ninja 650 - Versa Haul VH-SPORT-RO

Spent three years full time, so I know a little about it.