cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

~Post your campsite photos here~

answerswillvary
Explorer
Explorer
Lately there has been a lot of interest in viewing photos of the sites that different campgrounds have to offer. Let's start posting them to this thread and if there seems to be enough interest, perhaps we can make the thread a permanent sticky.

If you have recently posted photos of this sort, please re-post them here. If you have new ones to share, please do!

Don't forget to label the photos: Campground name, site #'s if you know them, area of campground, etc.

Picture Posting Help

**A photo width of 500 works really well.

I am taking the liberty of copying here some recent photos submitted by member 'marites62'.

Fishing Bridge - This is site 60 in the B loop - back-in, full hookups (It can be tough for long trailers and 5th wheels):

More of the same site:

Colter Bay Village - This is site 40, Pull through, full hookups. It is at the end of the loop which was nice.

More of the same site:

Thanks,
Sandi (Moderator)
2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QBP
3,570 REPLIES 3,570

newk
Explorer
Explorer
Where'd ya fish? I haven't done much fishing in the past several years but will be camped a mile north of Tie Hack on the Middle Fork next month and plan to do some fishing. I'll use fly gear but will be with some youngsters who might be using spinning gear.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
We were at Tie Hack a month ago - great quiet place and the trout fishin' was good!!!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
newk wrote:
Tie Hack FS Campground west of Buffalo, WY. It has no great views from any campsites, except for the occasional moose family, but its sites are large and usually very quiet, and it's handy for campers going to Yellowstone via U.S. Hwy 16. It's ~14 miles from Buffalo and only 1/2 mile off the main highway. I think all 20 sites are capable of handling big rigs -- no hookups.

We spent our "early 4th of July weekend" there Wed-Fri. From our picnic area we couldn't see another camper anywhere, and the only times we heard any were the rare drive-by.

There is a nice man-made lake about a mile past the campground on Tie Hack Road. It's good for canoes, etc. I don't think powered boats are allowed.

Tie Hack site #4...

Hey Newk - will have to bookmark this one. I like the looks and description of this CG - secluded and quiet.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

GA_MOM
Explorer
Explorer

Site 205 Fort Wilderness, Disneyworld ~ Florida
Ga Mom and family๐Ÿ™‚

newk
Explorer
Explorer
Tie Hack FS Campground west of Buffalo, WY. It has no great views from any campsites, except for the occasional moose family, but its sites are large and usually very quiet, and it's handy for campers going to Yellowstone via U.S. Hwy 16. It's ~14 miles from Buffalo and only 1/2 mile off the main highway. I think all 20 sites are capable of handling big rigs -- no hookups.

We spent our "early 4th of July weekend" there Wed-Fri. From our picnic area we couldn't see another camper anywhere, and the only times we heard any were the rare drive-by.

There is a nice man-made lake about a mile past the campground on Tie Hack Road. It's good for canoes, etc. I don't think powered boats are allowed.

Tie Hack site #4...

jorojory
Explorer
Explorer
Was finally able to get the 5er out last weekend. Stayed at Wallace State Park close to Cameron MO. Campground pics are from site #50 in campground 2.

2013 Flagstaff 8528BHWS
2005 Chevy 2500HD

kknowlton
Explorer
Explorer
Our favorite of the trip: Driftstone on the Delaware in Upper Mt Bethel Twp, PA (just south of Delaware Water Gap). It's a challenge to get to, and very popular with area residents on weekends. This was a back-in site with water & electric (no sewer service available, but they do have a honey wagon service and a dump station). We backed right up to the Delaware River, and our site - as all of them on this row are - was 50 feet wide. We had lots of shade too, much appreciated on a hot weekend!

2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

kknowlton
Explorer
Explorer
Another popular place: Fishermen's Memorial SP in RI. Without a reservation, midweek, we were able to get only a site with water & electric. It did have shade, and had a nice view from our own "grassy knoll" (at left, our firepit & picnic table area). This is site #31, one of the better EW sites.

These are some of the FHU sites, in another section of the CG. Almost to die for! ๐Ÿ™‚ Reservations can be made a year in advance - and probably should be.

2020 Lance 2375

kknowlton
Explorer
Explorer
Normandy Farms CG, Foxboro Mass. This is Safari site 409. Safari, we learned later, is northeastern CG code for "overflow sites for those who failed to make reservations early enough" (our reservations were made about a month in advance). Most of the CG is beautiful, with huge pullthru FHU sites in the woods - but here we were, in a water-electric site for 5 nights! Arrival on a weekday was ok, but over the weekend we had a real experience in Europcamping. :R Moral of the story: make res's many months in advance for a weekend in popular CGs like this!

2020 Lance 2375

kknowlton
Explorer
Explorer
Newburgh (NY) KOA, site #111 - FHU, pullthru, with firepit. Surprisingly large sites here, and mostly in the woods. Beautiful place! Too bad we had lousy weather.

2020 Lance 2375

kknowlton
Explorer
Explorer
Harrison Lake SP, Ohio (near Toledo) - site #15 (electric hookup, PM shade) - very nice CG, with exceptionally clean bathhouse facilities for a state park.

2020 Lance 2375

Steveo35
Explorer
Explorer
Great view Yeldarb. Looks a little breezy there!

Yeldarb
Explorer
Explorer

Tuttle Creek Cove - Just outside of Manhatten Kansas
Brad('67) and Valerie('68) Clements
Alyssa('95)
Sam and Toby
2008 Cherokee Grey Wolf 28BH
2005 Ford F350 DRW Crew Cab 6.8L V10
Omaha, Nebraska
Nights in 2011 - 24
Nights in 2010 - 30
Nights in 2009 - 36
Nights in 2008 - 31
Our Camping Adventures

Yeldarb
Explorer
Explorer

Aiken State Natural Area - Aiken SC - April 2008
Alyssa('95)
Sam and Toby
Omaha, Nebraska
Nights in 2011 - 24
Nights in 2010 - 30
Nights in 2009 - 36
Nights in 2008 - 31
Our Camping Adventures

Yeldarb
Explorer
Explorer

Clear Lake State Park - Clear Lake Iowa - Sites 12 and 13 - A little soggy but away from traffic, back in the corner of the park, perfect area for camping with a bunch of little ones...
Alyssa('95)
Sam and Toby
Omaha, Nebraska
Nights in 2011 - 24
Nights in 2010 - 30
Nights in 2009 - 36
Nights in 2008 - 31
Our Camping Adventures