cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Redwood city ca .......

JK3045
Explorer
Explorer
Need a campground near redwood city CA for a night or two at the end of Feb early March. I have never been in the area so I don't have any idea. Any recommendations.
8 REPLIES 8

JT
Explorer
Explorer
You may be better off staying out on the Pacific Coast and commuting in too.
---
An FYI; living/staying in a location *as close as possible* to one's workplace (or daily destination) will help to cut the time, stress, and hassle of what is almost always a difficult commute anywhere in the Bay Area. What sounds good on paper and/or looks good in photos may offer a skewed idea of reality.

JK3045
Explorer
Explorer
Wow..... Thanks tsetsaf

tsetsaf
Explorer III
Explorer III
Great tips so far except the Morgan Hill one that is a trek. You may be better off staying out on the Pacific Coast and commuting in too. If you want to see what is in the area here you go
2006 Ram 3500
2014 Open Range
"I don't trust my own advise!"

JK3045
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Folks!!!!! Like I said I have never been in that area and do not have a clue what is available. I will research further but definitely will keep your info in mind

JT
Explorer
Explorer
"Probably about a half hour to Redwood City,it was 10 minutes from San Jose."
---
Very optimistic travel times; I live in the south end of SJ, and it takes me 25-30 minutes to get to and from (the dump at) Maple Leaf from here, and that's between roughly 10-3. If the OP stays at Maple Leaf, I would tell him/her to plan on at least 40-45 minutes (or more, depending on *where* in RC he/she needs to be and when he/she needs to be there) between there and Redwood City.

Trailer Villa is not *fancy* (neither is Maple Leaf, for that matter!), but if reservations are available, I believe it's a better location.

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on how close you NEED to be: Mapleleaf RV park in Morgan Hill is a lovely short stay and residential park. Probably about a half hour to Redwood City,it was 10 minutes from San Jose. My son used it as a basecamp for an extended stay early this year. Nice quiet town, good restaurants, right off the freeway...but traffic toward SF can be rough.

brianpearce
Explorer
Explorer
Check Coyote Point Recreation Area, they have 3 reservable sites along the bay. $45 a night, 20 amp service. http://parks.smcgov.org/coyote-point-recreation-area-reservable-facilities

JT
Explorer
Explorer
Trailer Villa is the only game in town.

http://www.trailervilla.com/