cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Richmond VA Raceway

journey15
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have any knowledge or know anything about camping at the Raceway during non event weekends? We are looking for a spot closer to downtown Richmond for an overnight stopover.
Thanks!
Full Timing June 2015
07 Allegro Bus 40QSP
08 Honda CRV EXL with Blue OX and US Gear Braking System
FMCA #381833

n4gnn n4hon
I Never Look Back, I'm Not Going That Way!
9 REPLIES 9

journey15
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes wrote:
Have you called them? We have been there for a few non race event weekends & stayed an extra night no problem being the only one there.

Yes I have called them and spoke with the campground coordinator yesterday. They are not allowed to permit overnight parking due to "tax reasons" or so I was told.
Full Timing June 2015
07 Allegro Bus 40QSP
FMCA #381833

n4gnn n4hon

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have you called them? We have been there for a few non race event weekends & stayed an extra night no problem being the only one there.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

journey15
Explorer
Explorer
I am the OP. For more info, there is a new brewery in Richmond on 4300 Williamsburg Avenue in Richmond that we want to go to but do not want to have to drive a long distance afterwards. This brewery has our very favorite beer and the only other one is in CA.
That being said, that is why I was asking about the Raceway but that place is not going to happen as I spoke with them this afternoon. They do not allow overnight camping unless you are there for a show and then the show has to reserve a spot for you.
I have seen Pocahontas but that is a bit further out than I wanted. As are the ones in Ashland.
I will overnight somewhere close by at a Sam's or wherever I can find that I feel will be safe for us.
Thanks to all who have responded. (I have no knowledge whatsoever as to when the Raceway will or will not allow you to come in on Race days.) Maybe another thread can be started on this subject..:)
Full Timing June 2015
07 Allegro Bus 40QSP
FMCA #381833

n4gnn n4hon

bucky wrote:
Why would you have to out by noon on Sunday if it was a Sunday day race? Did you mean Mon for those races and Sun for the Sat night race?

Up till last week , for the past 10 years or so it has been Saturday night race twice a year...

This April race was the first to go back to Sunday...
Spring - Sunday afternoon - leave by noon Monday
Fall - Saturday Night - leave by noon Sunday
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
We've stayed at Pocahontas State Park in our 40' Diesel pusher and it was very nice.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why would you have to out by noon on Sunday if it was a Sunday day race? Did you mean Mon for those races and Sun for the Sat night race?
Puma 30RKSS

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
Americamps off I95 at the Lewistown exit, is the best campground to use if you are in need of a overnight stopover.

The race track rv parking isn't open except for race weekends.

journey15 wrote:
Anyone have any knowledge or know anything about camping at the Raceway during non event weekends? We are looking for a spot closer to downtown Richmond for an overnight stopover.
Thanks!
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
Pocahontas State Park is in Chesterfield and very nice.
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK

journey15 wrote:
Thanks!

I believe that they are closed , except for race weekends.. Too much cost involved with little or no revenue at the time... When i camp there for both races , we are only allowed to enter on the Tueday of race week, no earlier...and MUST be out by noon on Sunday. All gates close
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet