cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

San Diego RV parks

turbopilot51
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for opinions about rv parks in and around the San Diego area. The dw and I are looking for a home base to explore the Diego area. We prefer full hookups with a decent wifi.
6 REPLIES 6

aerbus32
Explorer II
Explorer II
The best kept secret in the San Diego area is Bernardo Shores RV park in Imperial Beach. Adult park. It provides very easy access to Coronado. We'll be there for a month starting in 2 weeks. Possibly our last time, it will be redeveloped as condo's shortly. Our second choice is Chula Vista RV. Nice park, but the sites are half the size of Bernardo Shores. This time of year, I would be willing to use Mission Bay RV park. It is really just as asphalt parking area with hook-ups. I will never go there during the summer again. The big park next to it is aptly nicknamed Woodstock by the local RV'ers. Once again, Bernardo Shores is our destination park when in coastal So Cal.

cpd520
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on Santee lakes.
Jack and Nina

1rooster
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed here Santee Lakes. Full hook ups, wifi was very good. The only down side for us was the Verizon signal at the back of the park was very poor. This is the first time we had a problem. If we went to the front of the park it was ok. Overall, a very nice campground.

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
Chula Vista is a very nice resort RV park. Beautiful park borders the resort on the water. Beach area isn't good for swimming but is still a nice view and the pool is nice. Somewhat older crowd.

San Diego RV Resort is ok. Clean basic RV park thats in walking distance to SD Trolley light rail.

San Diego KOA. Nice campground style RV park. Great for kids.

Campland on the Bay. Decent RV park but huge, often crowded and some spots are tightly packed together. Younger crowd. Mission Bay beach borders RV park.

Mission Bay RV park. Mostly a paved lot. Spots are a bit close together but is ok. A no frills RV park but it is on Mission Bay with great views.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

ezgoin
Explorer
Explorer
Chula Vista RV resort is great. South of downtown. Easy access to downtown attractions and Coronado Island. Plus, it right next to the marina with two pretty decent places to eat.
The older I get....the better I was.

Bill & Terry
And our canine kids, Skippy & Peanut
2014 Fleetwood Bounder Classic 30T
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Toad

cbconway
Explorer
Explorer
turbopilot51 wrote:
Looking for opinions about rv parks in and around the San Diego area. The dw and I are looking for a home base to explore the Diego area. We prefer full hookups with a decent wifi.

X2
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati ("When all else fails, play dead") -- Possum Lodge motto

2015 Flagstaff 8528RKWS fiver
2013 Ram 2500 CTD Laramie 4x4 CC SB Auto 3.42