cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sandpoint Idaho

SWD
Explorer
Explorer
We have been invited to visit friends at Sandpoint Idaho, and so we are looking for input regarding rv parks, campgrounds in and around that area. Planning to travel end of July beginning August of next year and will be staying there for two weeks. Anyone been there, please share. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
farragut state park is only about 30 miles away. it is a huge well appointed park with a marina {privately owned}

crabbin_cabin
Explorer
Explorer
SWD wrote:
The Forest Service Campgrounds would be better for us. We have friends in Sandpoint who have offered their lot to stay on while there but we need to get a boat slip too. The theme park is of great interest to my kids but camping near there is not really our first choice.

Sam Owen CG (USFS) is 20 miles east of Sandpoint on highway 200. One of the prettiest cg with no services ( water available) and a good dump station that we have seen ( prejudiced? cause we were host there for 2 summers). On the NE corner of Lake Pend O'Reille near the mouth of the Clark Fork river.
Adjacent to "Beyond Hope" Resort that has boat slips for rent. The CG has a small dock but no slips.

SWD
Explorer
Explorer
The Forest Service Campgrounds would be better for us. We have friends in Sandpoint who have offered their lot to stay on while there but we need to get a boat slip too. The theme park is of great interest to my kids but camping near there is not really our first choice.

pfidahospud
Explorer
Explorer
Silverwood is a theme park with an attached RV park. Not sure if you're in to that kind of stuff or not. If you want pristine wilderness, there are plenty of Forest Service campgrounds available. Might want to check out places like Priest Lake and Coeur d'Alene. If you're in to Ski Resorts (I know you'd be there in the summer though) Schweitzer is just up the mountain from Sandpoint. It's a great area just to take a drive and check out what's around.