cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cottonwood, az suggestions..

KampingKris
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to stay a week maybe more to see the area.
We are TT members so the park there would work if it's okay...
We would like a campfire - do they allow?
Also, dragging the ATVs with us... is there riding nearby?

Or are there other suggested parks? Verde Valley?
KampingKris & FiremanSteve
Jada - American Eskie princess
2008 Tiffin Allergro Bus
2010 Polaris 850XP
2010 Polaris RZR
12 REPLIES 12

RVUSA
Explorer
Explorer
I was at valley verde when the water lines were popping like pop corn, and it was still a most excellent stay. Do the balloons still go overhead in the mornings?

CandG
Explorer
Explorer
As was already said, Verde Valley is one of our favorite TT campgrounds.
We have never had a bad stay there.
Not sure on the fire pit, but as was said, call the Ranger Station and they will let you know.
Lot's and lot's of things to do in the area.
2003 34PBD Holiday Rambler Vacationer, 22WD
Buddy(Our 4 legged kid) Laddie / Duchess RIP
2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara, Sterling TowBar, Guardian Shield, U.S. Gear Unified Brake
Cliff FCCM(SW) Ret. and Gerri
9 Rallies Attended

SanCap
Explorer
Explorer
KampingKris wrote:

You can drive your atv's from your campsite at TT Verde Valley out the front gate to miles and miles of trails from dry washes to higher mountain views. I do not remember about the campfires.

Jim
Formerly Jimandsue60 2015 Toyota Tundra, 2019 AT Summit Camper

Lurker52
Explorer
Explorer
Dead HOrse Ranch State Park, We are hosting here, it is really nice and close to town, hiking, fishing, biking, Sadona about a 1/2 hr away, you can have a fire put our wood is going quick. You may have to buy it in town.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check out ATV trails on google for this area. many trails rides for ATVs in the surrounding Natl Forest locations... This area is mostly desert trails but some have some good ATVs ratings...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

RickBeer
Explorer
Explorer
Lo Lo Mia springs between Cottonwood & Sedona great for camping not a lot for the ATV's

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Be sure to check out the forest service/BLM regulations in the area thoroughly before unloading your ATVs. There are many restrictions, particularly around Sedona. We stay at Dead Horse Ranch State Park.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
I have visited a few different friends at the Verde Valley TT. It seems like a perfectly good campground to me. Can't remember if they have campfire rings. In summer we often have fire restrictions in Sedona/Verde Valley, so that may affect campers. There is an ATV riding area close by.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

huntram
Explorer
Explorer
KampingKris wrote:

I think Verde Valley TT is one of the better TT parks out there. Scott the manager runs a pretty tight ship. I don't remember if you can have a campfire but a quick call to the ranger station will verify. There is sooooo much to do in the area!
Brian
Our traveling blog:Brian and Patty's Awesome Adventure
2014 Ram 3500, Western Brown, Laramie, CrewCab Dually, Aisin Trans, CTD, 2011 Carriage Cameo 32FWS 5th wheel.

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
RGar974417 wrote:
We stayed at Dead Horse Ranch State Park.Great park close to Jerome,Tuziggot and other attractions.

X2 Nicest CG in the area, great location, yes they allow campfires and I am pretty sure there are adjacent areas to ride your ATV. Plan on spending some time in the town of old Cottonwood just outside the CG as well as trip up to Jerome. The ancient ruins at Tuzigoot are just down the road a couple of miles and Sedona is 18 miles north with no end to the things to see in that area. At Dead Horse try for a site down in the lower portion of the CG, lots of trees as the upper sections are pretty barren. Enjoy! :C

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Dead Horse Ranch State Park.Great park close to Jerome,Tuziggot and other attractions.

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
Hopefully another TT member can provide more info, but most of the TT parks I visit allow campfires. Some have fire pits. Others rent them by the day. Most campers that I encounter, bring their own.
Enjoy your stay. Beautiful area and lots to see and do. A week won't do, better plan on 2 or more.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog