cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Senior and/or NonResident Passes - Western Trip 2019

FloridaNative49
Explorer
Explorer
We have the America the Beautiful. Trip planned for August & September, 2019. Believe we need a South Dakota Annual and Utah Parks pass. Any others we should know about. Are they good for full 12 months or calendar year, etc.
Thanks!
20 REPLIES 20

huachuca
Explorer
Explorer
FloridaNative49 wrote:
Dead Horse Point is definitely on our list, with Rendezvous Beach/Bear Lake SP, Jordanelle, and Kodachrome. The Senior Pass is $35, so if it covers the Vehicle fee, it might be worth it โ€” canโ€™t tell from their website:

Summer rates are $10 per vehicle Monday-Friday up to 8 people-$15 dollars on weekends and holidays; $5 Utah seniors over 62.

Camping fees:

Camping fees include one vehicle and one camping unit. Extra vehicle fees apply.

Thnx!

Horsethief is a BLM campground just off Hwy 313 a few miles outside Dead Horse Point SP. No water and no hookups but large sites with clean vault toilets and very convenient to Moab, Arches and Canyonlands. $10 w/Senior pass, More info here and here

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
BarabooBob wrote:
America the Beautiful pass does not get you 50% off. A Senior Pass or Access Pass (disability pass) will get you 50% off.

The title of the post included "senior" and my Senior pass card does also include the term "America the Beautiful" on the card, so I assumed he had the America the Beautiful Senior Pass card.

Adiabatman
Explorer
Explorer
FloridaNative49 wrote:
Excellent. โ€œBLMโ€ ??
Thnx

Bureau of Land Management

You can find thousands of federal, state, county and municipal camping locations using the Ultimate Campgrounds apps.

FloridaNative49
Explorer
Explorer
Dead Horse Point is definitely on our list, with Rendezvous Beach/Bear Lake SP, Jordanelle, and Kodachrome. The Senior Pass is $35, so if it covers the Vehicle fee, it might be worth it โ€” canโ€™t tell from their website:

Summer rates are $10 per vehicle Monday-Friday up to 8 people-$15 dollars on weekends and holidays; $5 Utah seniors over 62.

Camping fees:

Camping fees include one vehicle and one camping unit. Extra vehicle fees apply.

Thnx!

4runnerguy
Explorer
Explorer
FloridaNative49 wrote:
Believe we need a South Dakota Annual and Utah Parks pass.
I know at Dead Horse Point SP in Utah, campground fees include the entrance fee. I can't find information out about the other SP's there, so you might call Utah State Parks and find out if that is true at their other parks.
Ken & Allison
2 Camping Cats (1 diabetic)
1996 4Runner, TRD Supercharger, Edelbrock headers
2007 Fleetwood Arcadia, Honda EU2000i
4 mountain bikes, 1 canoe, 4 tents, 8 sleeping bags, 2 backpacks
(You get the idea!)

FloridaNative49
Explorer
Explorer
Now those two links are AWESOME!!
Thankyou

trailertraveler
Explorer
Explorer
FloridaNative49 wrote:
We have the America the Beautiful. Trip planned for August & September, 2019. Believe we need a South Dakota Annual and Utah Parks pass. Any others we should know about. Are they good for full 12 months or calendar year, etc.
Thanks!
Here is a link to State Park Entrance Pass Information which also contains some information about state camping passes. Here is a link to more information about State Park Camping Passes.
Safe travels!
Trailertraveler

linnemj
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B wrote:
Adventure Caravans has a month long tour in September of the western parks. They do all the planning for you. All you have to do is enjoy!

I recommend you do a Goggle search for all camping caravans and look for reviews. You pay quite a premium and donโ€™t have control of how long you stay at a location.
Jim & Nicky
2012 Forest River XLR MBV 29
2010 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
Motorcycles!

FloridaNative49
Explorer
Explorer
Whops. That was supposed to be a thumbs up. Thnx!

FloridaNative49
Explorer
Explorer
??????

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
FloridaNative49 wrote:
Excellent. โ€œBLMโ€ ??
Thnx

Bureau of Land Management
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

FloridaNative49
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent. โ€œBLMโ€ ??
Thnx

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Also check out BLM campgrounds. In Idaho, they are $5 a night, $2.50 with your Senior Lifetime Pass! All FS CG's are 50% off with the Senior Lifetime Pass.

In Idaho, out-of-state guests have savings options too! You can purchase a $40 Motor Vehicle Entry Fee (MVEF) Annual sticker and receive unlimited access for overnight camping and day-use entrance to all of Idaho's 30 beautiful state parks- a savings of $5 per day. MVEF Annual stickers can be purchased at any Idaho State Park and online. If you're going to do a lot of camping at Idaho State Parks, then it's worth it.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Adventure Caravans has a month long tour in September of the western parks. They do all the planning for you. All you have to do is enjoy!
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)