cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shipshewana Campground South from the air

SanCap
Explorer
Explorer
Shipshewana is in Indiana not far from Elkhart. We are here for a couple of days and I had a chance to send my GoPro camera up on my QuadCopter to take some photos. I will add a couple more shortly.

Jim

Formerly Jimandsue60 2015 Toyota Tundra, 2019 AT Summit Camper
19 REPLIES 19

SanCap
Explorer
Explorer
Here are a couple more from the area.

Interstate RV repair, Lagrange, Indiana

Our cousins place with our RV in the driveway, Gladwin , Michigan

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fun to see this, since DH has gotten into quadcopters lately (virtually, at least - just online so far). ๐Ÿ™‚ Nice sunset shot too.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
robsouth, you've gotta remember, this is Shipsshewana, Indiana. This campground is right beside one of the largest Amish flee markets, Amish auction houses, and Amish style foods and eats, I think, anywhere! The campground is designed for sleeping only, not camping. The attraction is the flea market at Shipshewana. If you have an RV, you'll be glad to get a spot parked there. It's bad enough finding a parking spot with just a normal car.

For the OP, I thin your photo is pretty cool! As many times as I've been there, we've never stayed at the campground. We have stayed a couple nights in the motel right there. FYI, Sunday it's completely dead there! And in Shipshewana, the side walks roll up at 5:00 pm, so we learned the hard way .... many many years ago!

SanCap
Explorer
Explorer
robsouth wrote:
That is exactly the kind of "campground" I will never visit. Thanks for the warning. I don't care for huge "parking lots" called campgrounds.

I did not post this as a warning! This is actually a very nice campground for people that need/want to be here for what ever reason. Our reason is that we are having work done on our RV from a couple of different vendors that happen to have facilities nearby.

Jim

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
That is exactly the kind of "campground" I will never visit. Thanks for the warning. I don't care for huge "parking lots" called campgrounds.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."