cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Short RV Park/Campground Website Poll

moreroad
Explorer
Explorer
I am doing a study to determine the benefits RVers receive from RV Park websites.

We are starting with a very simple poll and would really appreciate as many results as follows. Results will be published in this Forum

Please pick one answer:

Question 1
Does the quality of a Park Website (old, not maintained, dated look, lack of photos, etc.) affect your decision when booking a reservation?

• It does not affect our decision
  • It affects our decision somewhat
  • It affects our decision a lot of the time
  • It affects our decision significantly

Thanks to all who respond.

Scott Charters
  • The Charters Family
    Me my Wife and now one kid (unless he brings a friend) and 2 dogs,
    2004 Southwind 32VS
    2009 Jeep Wrangler (TOAD)
    MorePro Marketing Inc
    47 REPLIES 47

Bob___Ann
    Explorer
    Explorer
    It affects our decision significantly

We make our decision by using RV Park Reviews and the actual campground web site
    Bob and Ann
    Schnauzer - Della (Rainbow B 3/31/17)
    Chihuahua - Lola (Rainbow B 12/26/18)
    Autumn-Red Poodle
    2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
    Powerglide Chassis
    Cummins 450
    Onan 10,000 Watt
    Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath
    2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Toad
    Demco Dominator & Airforce One

moreroad
    Explorer
    Explorer
    answerswillvary wrote:
    Enough information has been obtained now. Time to close this down.

Yes I asked for that to happen in an earlier post
    The Charters Family
    2004 Southwind 32VS
    MorePro Marketing Inc

answerswillvary
    Explorer
    Explorer
    Enough information has been obtained now. Time to close this down.
    2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QBP

doc_brown
    Explorer
    Explorer
    Significantly
    Steve,Kathy and Josh
    Morpheus(Basenji)at Rainbow Bridge
    2004 40' TSDP Country Coach Inspire DaVinci
    350 Cummins, 3000 Allison
    2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, Air Force One Braking, Blue Ox

moreroad
    Explorer
    Explorer
    First I would like to thank all of you who took the time to respond to the Poll we ran. The results are in from 3 different RVers Forums and I wanted to post the results. After counting the number of posts that actually provided one of the four answers we had 126 entries.

Again thanks for your time as it is appreciated.

Scott Charters
    The Charters Family
    2004 Southwind 32VS
    MorePro Marketing Inc

Golfcart
    Explorer
    Explorer
    I do prefer general campground/site photos to thumb through. But its not a deciding factor if im going to book there

Some of my favorite camping trips have been at dated/old campgrounds that i went to on a whim. Its a fun way to explore new areas that usually end up being very friendly places
    2009 Sun Valley Road Runner 16ft
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500

Bears_Den
    Explorer
    Explorer
    Significantly, I look for a couple pictures of the various campsites but I also look for pictures of the campground itself. If it's in the mountains or on a body of water, I want to see the views also. Pictures are an important part of my decision but just like anything else, a picture can be of the very best site at the campground and the rest of the campground is in need of attention.
    2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
    2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
    Equalizer hitch
    Ford integrated brake controller
    2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
    1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience

FunnyCamper
    Explorer II
    Explorer II
    significant for us ๐Ÿ™‚

tandk
    Explorer
    Explorer
    It affects our decision a lot of the time

If we have other reviews from friends or campground review sites, then that would help us piece together what the park is really like.
    Tim and Kathy, Topa the Wonder Dog
    2003 Nash 21 5R
    2002 Chevy 2500HD, SB, Duramax diesel, Allison tranny
    Twin Honda EU2000i

wannavolunteerF
    Explorer
    Explorer
    It affects my decision a lot of the time.

If it is somewhere I have never been, pictures of sites and a site map are extremely important. I don't need to see pictures of people sitting around campfire, kids playing in field or similar pictures that really aren't helpful. Pricing being available is also important.

Ease of making a reservation is extremely important. I have attended a couple of group campouts in a nearby park and I absolutely HATE trying to deal with their reservations procedure and absolute lack of system. They don't have any kind of system other than a notebook that doesn't get updated appropriately.. and the people making the reservations don't have a clue of what camper will fit in what site.. and will change your paid for reservation from one site to another without asking.
    2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

Lantley
    Nomad
    Nomad
    'en Plain Air' wrote:
    Does not affect our decision. We are almost entirely location driven on our campground decision for our 'hopscotch' trips, typically staying 1-3 nights near sights we want to tour. For us, it's not about the quality of the campground, but more about having easy touring days. That said, we have landed in some pretty strange places, as well as wonderful campgrounds. It's all part of the adventure.

This is me as well. Often location is the most important factor.
    I am self contained. All I really need is a working pedestal. Everything else is a bonus.
    19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
    BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
    Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
    BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
    Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
    Correct Trax,Splendide

Beer_Belly
    Explorer
    Explorer
    Without a doubt. If I look at the website / borchure, and it looks nice, but the cars / trucks/ Rv's look old, then I imagine if they can't update photos, they can't update their CG, hence the old photos and tend to shy away
    *Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - "WOW, What a ride!"

_en_Plain_Air_
    Explorer
    Explorer
    Does not affect our decision. We are almost entirely location driven on our campground decision for our 'hopscotch' trips, typically staying 1-3 nights near sights we want to tour. For us, it's not about the quality of the campground, but more about having easy touring days. That said, we have landed in some pretty strange places, as well as wonderful campgrounds. It's all part of the adventure.

SDcampowneroper
    Explorer
    Explorer
    I thank the OP and all of you for this well thought out discussion. We wll consider all the points made by responders
    I would like point out a few issues we camps have that in many cases cannot achieve the wishes of the OP or respondents to his thread..
    In my experience, a camp with a poor, or ouddated website is not in need of attracting new business, they are doing fine.
    Campsite photos are only of value when in the view finder of the user, or in a third party view like campsitephotos.com Thanks, Eric. campsitephotos.com

online reservations leave many sites empty due to arrival/ departure dates. No online system can match your unit/wishes to a site for days wished. Sorry, there is not an online res. systemthat can equate to ours or their varied sites. Give the camp a phone call.