cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Silver Lake Sand Dunes.

Locky
Explorer
Explorer
Had a great first weekend up at Silver Lake Sand Dunes. Only issue was a small occasional leak from the toilet valve. I thought I had it fixed last year when I found a loose connection on the intake water line but it is still leaking but a lot less. Here is a picture from the walk my wife and I took yesterday morning.

[img][/img]
14 REPLIES 14

Locky
Explorer
Explorer
Well I just called Silver Creek and there is a $250 non refundable deposit to get on the list and more than likely a 2+ year wait to get in. For over $3000 a year I might just start looking for a piece of property up there somewhere.

Locky
Explorer
Explorer
Suppose to be sunny and mid to high 60's all weekend and cool at night. Just how I like it.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you go during the week like i do it is fine. I stay away on the weekend just because of how crazy it gets. We do go out later at night on the weekends when it settles down.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

homedad
Explorer
Explorer
Great place if you like riding the dunes, and don't mind crowds, engines and fumes. I was a bit freaked out but I tend to like privacy and quiet. Just a heads up.

craigwieck
Explorer
Explorer
That is the only campground I would consider getting a seasonal site at. I love the camp ground, the lake, and the dunes. I will be up there the end of June. It has been two years since I have been there. I can't wait to take my new wrangler out in the sand.
2010 larado 303tg
2005 excursion v10

Locky
Explorer
Explorer
I've stayed at Silver Creek numerous times. It is a nice and very well kept park. We have friends who have seasonals there also. My wife wants to get on the waiting for a seasonal for us. The only part about it that I don't like is the lack of mature shade trees. There's the loop section in the back that has the nice shaded part but it would be years before we could have a chance at one of those.

craigwieck
Explorer
Explorer
we stay at silver creek. it is one of the nicest campgrounds I have ever stayed
at.
2010 larado 303tg
2005 excursion v10

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Locky wrote:
Dodge guy, we have been out on the dunes about 8 times this year. Might run out there tonight for the sunset.

Sounds good! unfortunately I`ll have to settle for the end of Jul. beginning of Aug. looking forward to it though!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

A bad day camping is

Locky
Explorer
Explorer
Dodge guy, we have been out on the dunes about 8 times this year. Might run out there tonight for the sunset.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Silver Lake Sand Dunes, Mears MI. it`s a state park located on Lake Michigan. the big draw are the sand dunes, and Silver Lake. they have 2 areas. a pedestrian area with acres of hiking and an ORV area where you can take anything from dirt bikes/atv`s to 4wdtrucks and snad rails. the small town area has typical little shops and go kart tracks

Take a look at my video from last year! link!

Great time!!!

Going back again this year!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

A bad day camping is

crabbin_cabin
Explorer II
Explorer II
Where is this place?

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
We stayed at the state park last year and again this year! Did you drive out on the dunes?
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

A bad day camping is

Locky
Explorer
Explorer
We are at Jellystone.

craigwieck
Explorer
Explorer
What campground are you staying at? I love silver lake. It's one of my favorite places to go. I will going up there at the end of June.
2010 larado 303tg
2005 excursion v10