cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Snowbird Refunds

Dream_Chaser_
Explorer
Explorer
We have a site in Florida that we rent by the year -- May 1st to April 30 -- and pay in advance to get a discount. Obviously this year, we will not be to make the trip and we are paid in full.

I am sure that many Snowbirds are in the same predicament and my question is:

Has your campground given you any type of refund or allowing you to use any part of your fee towards 2021-2022? I know it is not their fault we won't be there, but it would be nice if they gave some type of remuneration.

What is happening in your campground?
20 REPLIES 20

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Would a half or 3/4 refund be more appropriate? That way neither party gets stiffed due to circumstances. What is the parks policy on discounted payment in advance?

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
If my experience with travel reservations is any guide, most places will refund you sometime, and a few will tell you "tough luck, pal". No doubt the latter will complain in the future that people aren't loyal to them.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
What's stopping you from making the trip? Will Canada still be closed next May? My bad, I thought you were talking 2021. Disregard.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Community Alumni
Not applicable
rk911 wrote:
we were able to re-schedule to the winter of 2022.

Same here ๐Ÿ™‚

... Eric

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
What does your agreement with the RV campground say about refunds?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
we were able to re-schedule to the winter of 2022.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle