cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Snowbirders/Winter Texans - What happening?

Parrothead_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
This thread gets a little slow at this time of the year so I thought I'd check what others are up to during this "off time". I know that it's not really time off, but what keeps you busy now that you're back home (besides daily chores)? Heck, some of you may still be on the road.

We stay pretty busy around the house, but I've been trying to golf more this summer after finally playing more golf while in snowbirding in Florida during the winter.

We also traded our '01 Cardinal for a '15 Cedar Creek Silverback while down in Florida, and now back home, I've been making it more livable (new bed, installing towel bars (can you believe that after spending a lot on a new RV that they'd include towel bars for the bathroom?), installed a paper towel dispenser, and organized the garage storage areas.

We're heading out in our camper this weekend and have several trips planned over the summer and fall. We have some regular camping type trips, but also have at least 3 music festivals lined up. Festivals of all kinds can be a lot of fun and RVing while attending is especially fun and comfortable!

Just like me, I'd guess that to many of you our lives seem pretty "normal" while living at home as compared to staying in an RV park where you have scheduled activities, organized events, and just enjoying your neighbors in the park. Being away during the winter adds a different element into our lives that isn't the usual back at home. The variety adds spice to our lives.
2018 Chevy 2500HD Duramax - 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
16K Huskey EZ Roller Hitch - EU2000i Honda Generator

20 REPLIES 20

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoying 1,800 square feet of living space, an acre of land, a large garage for hobbies, and putting in flowers now that frost is just a memory.

Memorial day will be spent going to service, then the cemetery to pay our respect, with others that have been doing it even longer then we have. Being retired you never know what will happen the next day, so who knows what next week will bring.

As some say "living the dream." Not really, but I'm sure that's how it might look from the outside when you head south for the winter, and north for the summer. Yes there's chores to do with the S&B during the summer, but then it gives life meaning, and makes you enjoy winter snowbirding that much more.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
Well we never left ๐Ÿ™‚ We decided to stay and get a feel for the summer here. We have a great 15K AC, inside fans, pool, and patio fans. It hasn't really gotten that hot yet, but the rain has been something else!! In Rockport we have had over 12 inches in last 2 weeks. Dallas has over 20 inches. The fishing has been unbelievable as compared to the winter months. There is also allot of summer festivals here. We may go back to visit friends and families in August for a while. We love retirement ๐Ÿ™‚

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
Dang, sorry about you folks' injuries!

Me, I am overwhelmed with catching up on chores around the S&B and obsessively planning this fall's travels (as a mental escape).

Next time I am going to put off less stuff 'until I get back' :).
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
her&I wrote:
pawatt wrote:
They must all be sleeping, I have been busy with yard work and lake work and helping out my 87 year old mother who still lives out in the woods on the lake alone. My wife broke her ankle 3 days after we got home so I have been cooking & cleaning too. We plan on taking about a month to circle Lake Superior and upper Michigan in Aug/Sept. and a few mid week trips Before if my wife's ankle heals fast enough. I also have some secluded acreage I hang out on clearing brush, watch wildlife and sit by the campfire. Plan to head south again Mid Oct. Palmview Texas about 2 miles from Mexico.
Must be something in the air that followed us home from Texas. My wife broke her arm 2 weeks after getting back and my cousin fractured a vertebrae the week he got home.

Must be the bad air blowing in from Mexico. We dodged tornados heading north too.
pawatt

her_I
Explorer
Explorer
pawatt wrote:
They must all be sleeping, I have been busy with yard work and lake work and helping out my 87 year old mother who still lives out in the woods on the lake alone. My wife broke her ankle 3 days after we got home so I have been cooking & cleaning too. We plan on taking about a month to circle Lake Superior and upper Michigan in Aug/Sept. and a few mid week trips Before if my wife's ankle heals fast enough. I also have some secluded acreage I hang out on clearing brush, watch wildlife and sit by the campfire. Plan to head south again Mid Oct. Palmview Texas about 2 miles from Mexico.
Must be something in the air that followed us home from Texas. My wife broke her arm 2 weeks after getting back and my cousin fractured a vertebrae the week he got home.

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
pawatt