cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So what would you do?

v10superduty
Explorer
Explorer
Sitting here in Sherwood Forest RV park in Kissimmee.
Heading home on April Fools day to several feet of snow..
Ya I am a fool.

So Sherwood Forest has lots of trees.. :S

Guy just across the road parked under one of the biggest clumps of trees in here and he has a case of OCD regarding leaves.. :B

Trying to sit out today to catch a few rays during our last few days here and out comes his leaf blower.. (this is about third time in last 3 weeks we been here)

Now this is a big, gas powered, looks new from Home Depot blower!!
Its got power and it has no muffler (well maybe it does.. ;))

Crazy part is its also quite breezy today so I see no end in sight..
The leaves are moving around as fast as he blows them away..

He just jumped in his truck and left so its finally quieted down but as I told my wife..
OMG, he's gone for more gas!!!

So I know what I will do..
Since I am leaving (play on words there .. :B) in a few days I will do or say nothing.
However next year we are here for 4 months and what if he's back...? :S

So, if you were parked here AND staying for a while..
What would you do?

He just got back but is now using a rake..
I guess we will go over to the pool. :W

Oh, by the way, if you are currently staying in Sherwood Forest and have a nice big red gas powered leaf blower..
Its that guy in the grey Dodge minivan that posted this, not me. :B :B :B :B
2000 F250 V10 dragin a 2005 Titanium 29E34RL
33 REPLIES 33

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
We've stayed at Sherwood Forest before, years back, and they were pretty strict about noisy campers and dogs. Things change, I guess.

Just wonder where he's blowing the leaves to. Other sites around him?

Barking dogs, loud music, leaf blowers, wind chimes and even bagpipes. We RVers just never seem to run out of ways to annoy each other. ๐Ÿ˜‰
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
he,s now using a rake go borrow the blower and help him clean up. can,t blame the guy for being neat. next year you could get joe slob,who doesn,t clean up his beer cans,and his dog poops on your lot. be happy,its almost over.

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
Well, you're in an RV resort as opposed to a forest campground, so he's probably not out of line. 3 times in 3 weeks doesn't sound excessive. If he's there when you return next year maybe you can coordinate schedules e.g. he blows leaves while you're grocery shopping.
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
We personally would be very happy the leaf blowing guy had enough pride to keep his site/area decent and clean. Want to see what those who don't? Take a trip down skidrow or the inner cities or down the back roads in the Kissimmee or about anywhere in Florida and you'll get the idea real quick!

PS: We bring an electric 220 MPH leaf blower with us every year and keep our huge site very clean as we are surrounded boy live oaks (PIA small leathery leaves everywhere), very tall extreme long needle pines that drop with sticky sap ends poked under grass roots every time the wind blows even 10 MPH, and the filthy palmettos that drop their brown branches etc at will. Our neighbors thank us and 3 have gone to Wally World and bought their own to keep their place clean too. It's addictive and the type of neighbors we want around us! Even keep our large property at home cleaned up too. How about you?
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT