cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So where did you boondock today?

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
This is a new thread to document where you boondocked recently in your RV. It doesn't have to be today, it can be last week or last month. Please post a pic or two. This should be a great thread. I'm looking forward to seeing your posts in the future. Thanks.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.
51 REPLIES 51

zman-az
Explorer
Explorer
nina_70 wrote:
And the view out of our front windshield

I sit outside on my patio almost everyday (having coffee or beer) with that view for the last 13 years. Still does not get old.

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
And this morning...Friday, April 5th..Enderby.

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nina's got a big advantage over my photos -- she actually knows what she is doing. Check out her blog sometime -- truly amazing.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful shots, Gary, Dan, and Nina.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

nina_70
Explorer
Explorer
Fair enough...

This was our boondocking site last week at Las Cienegas National Conservation Area (SE Arizona). Pretty amazing place. Didn't see a single soul the entire time we were there

The grassland views are stunning

And this is our site today just south of Cottonwood, AZ:

And the view out of our front windshield
12 paws, 40-feet and the open road
http://wheelingit.us

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, I can't tell you exactly where we last boondocked, but it was last summer in the Eastern Sierra between Lee Vining and Bridgeport. Here is our campsite, off a long, rough dirt road at 9000 feet -- we set up the tarp to protect our generator from the rain -- there were occasional thunderstorms -- and that is why the awning is tilted (to shed the rain):

This is a view of the campsite from a nearby meadow -- the trailer is hidden in the trees, and DW is sitting in our afternoon "cocktail area" in the meadow:

This is the view from the campsite -- that's Mono Lake out in the distance -- at night, lightning would flicker over the mountains and valleys to the east:

We were there for a week, and almost every evening a "lenticular cloud" would form over the Tioga Pass area to the south, catching the sunset:

I should add that this nameless place is a classic boondocking site -- absolutely silent. We saw no one for a week. So quiet that the noise of the blood pounding in our ears was very audible. So quiet that when pine needles would fall on the roof of the trailer, the tiny impact of each one was distinct and clear.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
I boondock pretty much anywhere and everywhere. I've been on the road for a month and another three weeks or so yet, to enjoy. On may to Edmonton this coming weekend...and I read snow in the forecast!

This is Steelhead Prov Park, Savona, BC..open and no fees yet.

I was in Manning Park and just past the east gate a spot that is one of my fave's. Usually you could put a D/P in here, but this time the frost had just come out of the ground and I was in four wheel to get thru it.

There is a great pull-off on #97, the Monte Creek area.

This involved a wee bit of stealth work for the night. In Peachland, the Okanagan.

Nicola Lake pull off, just east/north of Merritt, BC.

Along the Old Hedly Road from Princeton, BC.

And my spot right now...Thursday morning in Vernon...

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/