cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Starve Hollow RV sites

Copperpennie
Explorer
Explorer
We booked site 11 on the lake but I am concerned that this site may be difficult to get our camper in the spot! Has anyone ever camped in this spot?

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

restlesswind
Explorer
Explorer
Copperpennie wrote:
We booked site 11 on the lake but I am concerned that this site may be difficult to get our camper in the spot! Has anyone ever camped in this spot?

Thanks

Check out what the spot looks like on Google Earth.It looke like a great place,but you need to know just where site 11 is. I'd love to spend a few days there!
'04 33.5 CKQG Hitchhiker Discover America
04.5 Dodge 3500 CTD SRW
Pac Brake,Max Brake
Fulltimers since '06

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Peg Leg wrote:
Hey Dutch, how long have you had this hearing problem?

Hope you haven't had to shovel to much snow. We almost had to scrape windows one morning but just stayed in until 9:30.

I quit shoveling ... I'm too tired to do any more.

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Dutch, how long have you had this hearing problem?

Hope you haven't had to shovel to much snow. We almost had to scrape windows one morning but just stayed in until 9:30.
2012 Chevy 3500HD Dually 4X4
Crew Cab long bed 6.0 gasser 4.10
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
DutchmenSport wrote:
If you're talking about Starve Hallow State Park in Indiana, then yes. We were there for a 4 day week-end this last September 27. We had just purchased our Outback (35 feet) and booked a site on the upper campground side. Had lots of room. We were directly across from the bath house.

We drove around the campground on the lower side and was really surprised how twisty, narrow, and tight everything was. We drove along the campsites right on the water, and if we'd selected any of them, our trailer would have been hanging over the water.

This was really a strange campground, never been to one like it before. We arrived Thursday afternoon and we were about the only people there. Friday was a very peaceful day, a few more campers came in and we went to be early. Saturday morning we slept in late and when we woke up, the entire campground was completely full! And we never heard a single noise anywhere! I was shocked when we looked out the windows and saw people beside us on both sides, all over, and jam packed!

We sat outside almost all day and never heard a single noise from anyone. No radios, no televisions, no automobiles running up and down the road, no kids on motorized cars, bicycles occasionally, and everyone keeping to themselves. It was so strange!

Sunday morning we woke up about 10 am, looked out the window and everyone was GONE! Absolutely NO noise! We couldn't believe it.

We left Monday morning. It's a fantastic campground. Not much to do, except the swimming beach, and it's completely off the beaten path, no towns close by. Outside the State Park property is nothing but corn fields!

We REALLY want to go back again. It's definitely one of those unknown places in Indiana that's kept a secret.
Have to save this one, sounds like someplace I'd love to do if in the area.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Moved from Lifestyle

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
If you're talking about Starve Hallow State Park in Indiana, then yes. We were there for a 4 day week-end this last September 27. We had just purchased our Outback (35 feet) and booked a site on the upper campground side. Had lots of room. We were directly across from the bath house.

We drove around the campground on the lower side and was really surprised how twisty, narrow, and tight everything was. We drove along the campsites right on the water, and if we'd selected any of them, our trailer would have been hanging over the water.

This was really a strange campground, never been to one like it before. We arrived Thursday afternoon and we were about the only people there. Friday was a very peaceful day, a few more campers came in and we went to be early. Saturday morning we slept in late and when we woke up, the entire campground was completely full! And we never heard a single noise anywhere! I was shocked when we looked out the windows and saw people beside us on both sides, all over, and jam packed!

We sat outside almost all day and never heard a single noise from anyone. No radios, no televisions, no automobiles running up and down the road, no kids on motorized cars, bicycles occasionally, and everyone keeping to themselves. It was so strange!

Sunday morning we woke up about 10 am, looked out the window and everyone was GONE! Absolutely NO noise! We couldn't believe it.

We left Monday morning. It's a fantastic campground. Not much to do, except the swimming beach, and it's completely off the beaten path, no towns close by. Outside the State Park property is nothing but corn fields!

We REALLY want to go back again. It's definitely one of those unknown places in Indiana that's kept a secret.

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
A couple of questions, as this is a nationwide forum:
1. Where is Starve Hollow?
2. How long is you trailer?
3. How long is you tow vehicle?
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006