cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

State Parks Guide

4X4Dodger
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would like to know from those of you who use one of the guide books on state parks (like the National Geographic Guide to State Parks) which you like the best and why and how accurate have you found it to be and in what areas.

Please Note: I use the web, I also use phone apps, and suggestions for these are not what I am looking for. I am looking for what book people use and how good or bad they think it is.

thanks
4 REPLIES 4

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:
I found that these all-in-one guides are geared more for tenting and not for bigger RVs.

You will get the best information by just getting on the individual state park web sites - national parks, too. They always offer a lot of information as to what to do, road information, site length, etc. They will always have current information.

Then you should look at the National Geographic ones I assure you I am not tenting and I think 37 ft is a bigger RV
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

2gypsies1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I found that these all-in-one guides are geared more for tenting and not for bigger RVs.

You will get the best information by just getting on the individual state park web sites - national parks, too. They always offer a lot of information as to what to do, road information, site length, etc. They will always have current information.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
I like some of the nationally published offerings but have not bought any due to the fact that many states offer free literature that is usually pretty good.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
I love the national Geographic one - I also have the National Geographic Secrets of the National Parks and Scenic Highways & Byways. They are great
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks