cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

State parks near Fayetteville AR.

GBuilders
Explorer
Explorer
Our boys are going to U O Arkansas and we would like to take our RV up and camp near the campus. Devils Den is within 30 mins and sounds nice. Has anyone camped here and do they have full hook ups? Also we are open to ideas.
Thanks
2005 Jayco Eagle 305 BHS 5th wheel

New truck: 2019 Ford F-250 power stroke platinum 4x4

Former truck: 2014 Ram Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4 6.7/Aisin 6 speed 3:73
8 REPLIES 8

Razorback
Explorer
Explorer
Devil's Den State Park and Lake Fort Smith State Park are nice parks. I live in Fayetteville and have camped at both. Phone service is not great at Devil's Den (AT&T). Don't know about Verizon. I don't remember how the phone service is at Lake Fort Smith.
Johnny and Bonnie
1998 Bounder 36'
2012 Honda CR-V

edm3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Strongly urge you to visit www.arkansas.com - the website for state dept of parks and tourism. Order the vacation guide, very top of the website. Their AR Adventure Guide covers major camping, ie state parks, National Forests, National Parks, Corp of Engineers, other national/state facilities, and municipal/private campgrounds, all by individual locations. You can also get virtually the same info from the website, but the paper guide is great as an index.

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Which CG at Beaver Lake have FHU? I've never found one on that lake.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

4runnerguy
Explorer
Explorer
edm3rd wrote:
There are also Corps of Engineer campgrounds on Beaver Lake near Fayetteville.

Yep, some of the COE CG's have full hook up.
Ken & Allison
2 Camping Cats (1 diabetic)
1996 4Runner, TRD Supercharger, Edelbrock headers
2007 Fleetwood Arcadia, Honda EU2000i
4 mountain bikes, 1 canoe, 4 tents, 8 sleeping bags, 2 backpacks
(You get the idea!)

edm3rd
Explorer
Explorer
There are also Corps of Engineer campgrounds on Beaver Lake near Fayetteville.

russkerri
Explorer
Explorer
We haven't been to Devils Den, but we've heard it's really nice.

We have stayed at Petit Jean State Park. If you ever go through that part of the state, it's an amazing park with a lot to see. There's a wonderful waterfalls and lots of trails. The restrooms were very clean, and the campground restaurant is really good.
Kerri
RVs with a Jayco 184BH named Birdy
Blogs at Travels with Birdy

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Depending on the size of your rig, heed the warnings about routing to the park.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Devil's Den was my favorite place to go for a weekend while I attended UA - back in 1970-71.

It was the very first place I took my first trailer.

I can't recommend it highly enough.

There are 44 50/W/S sites for $32 per day in a big double loop. Very nice restrooms. Devil's Den SP Campsites

Do not attempt to take AR-74 from Winslow / I-49/540 into the park. The grade and tight turns in the last mile not for the faint hearted, or trailers. The rig in your sig photo is too big for that route.

AR-170 coming in from the north from West Fork is the road to take.

Withrow Springs SP (30 - 50/W/S $32) on AR-23 - just north of the intersection with US-412 is also another great state park in the area - a bit east of Springdale.

Lake Fort Smith SP (20 - 50/W/S $32) is a new (to me) park built after the dam at Mountainburg was raised and turned Lake Fort Smith and Lake Sheppard Springs into one lake. The old Lake Fort Smith SP was moved. Do not attempt to follow a GPS to Lake Fort Smith SP - leave the interstate at Mountainburg and take US-71 north up the mountain to the sigh for the park.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT