cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Storage sites needed.

Cqyqte
Explorer
Explorer
I am sure there are fellow Snowbirds that drop their RV/Trailers into storage late fall or early winter somewhere in the U.S. below the severe winter line (below Cincinnati) to save hauling them from Canada south in January. If there are could you share those storage areas?
6 REPLIES 6

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
I live in MN but store mine in central KS every year for a few months. Works great to keep from towing through a blizzard.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
I would not say a lot do it, but some do.

This fall we'll drop ours off with friends, then pick it up later in the fall.

What I would suggest is once you drive to your rig you'll need a place to stay. Many of the campgrounds have storage as well as sites. Some of them will even pull your rig to your site prior to your arrival.

I would figure out how far you want to go, then look for a recommended campground and give them a call. The one I like outside of Joplin, MO told me they would only charge $10/month storage if I wanted to drop the rig off early.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

alfredmay
Explorer
Explorer
The southern USA and Canada are vast......... try giving us your summer and winter locations so we can assist with something on your route.
Alfred May
2005 Excursion V10 4.30 4x4
2002 Cedar Creek 30RBS TT by Forest River
Reese Dual Cam
Tekonsha Prodigy

63-Coupe
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know if you have the luxury of time to do what we have done for the last 4 or 5 years. We have headed south right after our Thanksgiving and turned it into a three or four week trip ending up at the RV park where we stay for Jan/Feb/Mar. We stay there a couple of nights which gives us enough time to get everything organized, finish off any food, and pack our bags for what we want to take home.etc.There are a couple of good storage places within two miles of our park so we take the trailer there and head back north with just the truck. Storage cost has been just over $1.00 U.S. a day. We usually head back south right after New Year's.

Because we have to wait for the storage place to open for the day on our northbound trip and we have to allow time to pick the trailer up, get registered, and get parked when we go back down we make it a minimum three day trip each way.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
We've stored our's at one of the many storage lots in Myrtle Beach. Just be sure that your insurance will cover your while the unit is in storage.

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not sure how this compares to other areas but here on Kerr Reservoir we have small operations offering covered storage for around $240- $300 for six months, Most of the COE parks and the NC state parks have one or two of these small operations outside their gates.