cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Texas State Parks res now 5 months, can res site number

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
In case you missed it like I did - Texas State Parks moved to 5 months vs the previous 11 - they are now on Reserve-America
One major change is that you can now reserve by site number
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks
3 REPLIES 3

texasjayco
Explorer
Explorer
padredw wrote:
Now, we have another reservation at the same park in a couple of weeks. I thought I would try to see if I could have some choice in the site. It took me hours and multiple times to even get an answer on the only phone contact that can deal with site assignment.

Yes, it was way past time to update the old antiquated system, and will be nice to get a "site specific" reservation. BUT, the transition is going to be painful!!

I too had several already booked and waited nearly 2 hours to talk to someone, but when I did, the lady was very friendly and helpful. She told me the site number that had been assigned to each reservation, and allowed me to change the ones I wanted to.

The new system is just Reserve America. Should be good once the overlap is gone.

Mark
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS
2022 Ford F-450 Limited Diesel Dually

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
But woe to us who made reservations just before the change over.

Last week we were at Tyler State Park with an assigned site (which we did not select and which we could not change) that was one of the few that was a close call for our set up--no need to go into that detail. The point is we had to use that site.

Now, we have another reservation at the same park in a couple of weeks. I thought I would try to see if I could have some choice in the site. It took me hours and multiple times to even get an answer on the only phone contact that can deal with site assignment.

I was lucky, I finally got an answer on that line in the afternoon--not a person, but a recording which is much to be preferred to than repeated "busy buzz" signal.

The recording offered to return my call--that return was set for 10:30 NEXT Monday. I can only hope to have some choice by that time.

For those not familiar with the Texas state park system: this change is to a site specific reservation process. Before we could work with the local park upon arrival for the best available site.

Everyone is being extremely polite and positive during this awkward time--including me. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Bob806
Explorer III
Explorer III
Caprock Canyons, here we come!