cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Things to Do around Catalina SP, Arizona

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
We're leaving for Catalina State Park after Christmas and will be there for a week. For those that have stayed in that area, can you give me some ideas of fun/interesting things to do? Also, any good eateries/restaurants are good too!
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"
17 REPLIES 17

LewBob
Explorer
Explorer
We've stayed at Catalina SP several times and really enjoy it but be advised it can get chilly at the Catalina SP campground. Cold air off the mountain drains down that way and gets trapped by the berm on the west side of the campground. One night last January driving from a friend's house in north Tucson to our site in the campground, the temperature dropped from mid 50s to high 30s. Overnight lows were around 30.

Lew

2015 Casita Freedom Deluxe
2012 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 EcoBoost
"Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." --Bob Seger (Against the Wind)

mockturtle
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hiking there is great.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
We live 7 miles up the road from Catalina SP. The weather should be pretty good this time of year. A trip out to the Old Tucson Studios is a hoot. Lots of movie history to see and the drive out through Gates Pass is spectacular. When you go that direction you will pass the Desert Museum and that is definitely worth a stop.

The Pima Air and Space Museum (Google it), is another must see, bring your camera and plan on a couple of hours. About 15 miles north on Highway 77 (Oracle Road), you will find the Biosphere II which has tours and may be of interest. The ski run at the top of Mt Lemon should be running by the time you get here, yep you can come to Tucson for the skiing.
PM me if you need anymore info. :B