cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Vallecito Resort in Colorado

Red_Eagle
Explorer
Explorer
Really disappointed at the management of this "campground." Made reservations several weeks ago to stay 7 days during the July 4th week. I requested & was told that I would be in a pull-thru site. When I arrived, they had placed me in a site adjacent to a building with NO WAY to pull around it, due to retirement trailers behind it. THIS WAS NOT A PULL-THRU SITE. When I inquired about the two sites next to it, I was told they were "reserved." They were empty for the first three nites I was there. The only other side was a "back in" site that I was shown. NO WAY was I getting a 31' 5er into that site. Also behind my site was the "community bldg" where they had people coming & going, some walking thru our site. Vallecito Resort is actually PART RETIREMENT VILLAGE, SUMMER CAMP w/CABINS AND PART CAMPGROUND. I feel I was lied to when I made my reservation or else someone changed my reserved site before I arrived. Bottom line is lesson learned. Our vacation was fantastic despite this particular campground AND I will never camp there again. Good service or the lack of it determines how successful one is. I don't see this campground succeeding ( many of the retirement campers were for sale ).
2 REPLIES 2

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
Wish you could have gone on up and arround the lake to Blue Spruce Campground. We really enjoyed staying there.

missourijan
Explorer
Explorer
Did you post this on www.rvparkreviews.com? or tripadvisor.com?