Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water system for boondocking

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Tito DIY blog just posted a blog on this very subject: Tito DIY Blog

He has a system that look pretty good to me, I was skeptical about using a drill pump but the one he shows emptied a 5 gal container in 2 minutes. The ones I've used in the past would not move that much as rapidly. Those 5 gal containers he shows are a very good deal right now, $5 each. I just ordered 4 with $8 shipping. The cubitainers on Amazon are more in the $10 each range so even with the shipping that is a good deal. I don't know if they are running a special, knowing about his blog, because their other smaller containers cost more than $5. So if you are interested I'd go and grab them right away.

That tube he stuck into the water tank at the end of the hose is from Camco $4, called a water tank filler.

That blog is pretty good in general and worth subscribing to, he seems to do an entry a week.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper
32 REPLIES 32

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
2oldman wrote:
Not bad, but I regularly pump up to 50 gallons so a drill pump would not be my choice.

I'm not sold on the drill pump, I know you can buy a 12V pump on Amazon for less than $20 and that drill pump is $45 or so. I like the idea that you can collapse those containers rather than hauling a 30 or 50 gal plastic drum in the back of the truck.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not bad, but I regularly pump up to 50 gallons so a drill pump would not be my choice.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tito's videos are interesting. Thank you for posting.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad