cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

World's largest yard sale Aug 7-10

Bouvie_dogs
Explorer
Explorer
We're going for the 1st time. We will start at Crossville Tn where we'll pickup hwy 127.
I think we'll head south to Chattanooga, but we haven't finalized our route.
Has anyone attended this event? Suggestions on where to stay? We are fine overnighting at a flying J or equivalent. I'd be interested in towns that have a large community yard sale so I can park the rv and walk for hours. I really don't want to go from house to house trying to find parking.
We are in a 26 foot B+, so it's not as bad as it would be with our former class A motorhome.
Thanks,
Rod and Jan
5 REPLIES 5

TPUC
Explorer
Explorer
Crossville TN will be stand still traffic. I would get on 127 south of town. There are several great locations towards Chattanooga. We will be working that section as well.
2012 Nissan Titan Pro 4X
2014 Cruiser Aire

scooplady
Explorer
Explorer
My husband and I have gone on the Longest Yard Sale for years. Throughout the state of TN, the traffic is bumper-to-bumper, and if you can manage to get up to 20 mph, you are doing well. Trying to maneuver an RV along Hwy 127 here is a nightmare. Best to leave a day early and look for a place to park it. Perhaps your first year you would want to leave the RV at home (horrible thought I know). Some homeowners along the route rent out yard space to RVers. Just remember - no electricity = no A/C on the hot, humid nights that follow even hotter days.

South of Crossville is Signal Mountain - great shopping.

moonlightrunner
Explorer
Explorer
I had friends who lived in Whitwell TN for a while (on Hwy 108 not far from Hwy 127). So I just parked in their backyard. The communities rent out roadside space so you it's pretty much solid sales in the towns. It's so crowed that your best bet is to park in a large lot (some charge) or in a campground and drive your towed to the sales.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
When we lived in central Indiana we would do this. We had a Class B Camper Van which was perfect. On Friday night, we would drive as far south on 127 as we could, then spend Saturday and Sunday stopping and shopping all the way back north. Lots of fun.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
To the OP, In my travels, I inadvertently stumbled on one leg of this event a couple of years ago. I didn't realize that it was planned event. I just remember thinking, "Boy, these people down South sure do like yard sales" ๐Ÿ™‚

For those not familiar with the World's Largest Yard Sale event, here is some information about it. The origins of it was kind of a neat concept.
Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

My computer beat me at chess once; but it was no match for me at kickboxing.