Camp Host, from the other side.
953 REPLIES 953

Rubiranch
Explorer
Explorer
roughranger wrote:
Rubiranch wrote:
I would give it a try, some people are surprised where we take that truck.:W:B

Sweet! Pretty gutsy since that is your TV. We have a friend who has taken his 69 F250 longbed on that trail many times. He has even done Blackbear Pass near Ouray.

That one is our 79, we did tow with it for a few years. Our new TV is a 72.:B

Here we are turning around up past the city, our friend didn't want to take his FJ40 up to the wilderness boarder.

We always wanted to do Blackbear but never made it.:(

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
fuimus wrote:

Flatrock Tug Hill No Power and just the water you see
Is that at the Flatrock Inn? It's been a few years since I was there, don't remember the wind mills.
Thats quite the place for Snowmobiling, they even do it on the water.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

jeomelia
Explorer
Explorer
Outside of Delta Utah near the trilobite mine 20 miles from the paved road. Would love to get back some day, but have to save up the "Ben Franklins" for a trip like this again.

1999 Dodge 2500 QuadCab Diesel
2005 Desert Fox 28KS
BrakeSmart
1992 Roadtrek Dodge Versatile
'...traveled the same road as many..."

fuimus
Explorer
Explorer

Flatrock Tug Hill No Power and just the water you see
F-250SD 5.4ltr
FS2500 WW
2007 Grizzly 350 IRS Auto. 4x4 (Mine)
2007 Grizzly 350 IRS Auto. 4x4 (Wifes)
2007 Grizzly 350 Auto. 4x4 (Son)

roughranger
Explorer
Explorer
Back on topic

Gila NF, New Mexico:

02 Granite Ridge 3100 SS
------------------------
04 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Highly Modified
00 Ford Explorer XLT 4DR
94 Ford Ranger SC 4x4 Modified

roughranger
Explorer
Explorer
Rubiranch wrote:

Sweet! Pretty gutsy since that is your TV. We have a friend who has taken his 69 F250 longbed on that trail many times. He has even done Blackbear Pass near Ouray.
02 Granite Ridge 3100 SS
------------------------
00 Ford Explorer XLT 4DR

Rubiranch
Explorer
Explorer
roughranger wrote:
I think that you would have a hard time squeezing that longbed through there now. Fun stuff!

roughranger
Explorer
Explorer
Rubiranch wrote:

2002 for me.

2003 for us:

It doesn't look like the boulder by the right front wheel of the Bronco was there when you did it. I think that you would have a hard time squeezing that longbed through there now. Fun stuff!
02 Granite Ridge 3100 SS
------------------------
00 Ford Explorer XLT 4DR

ss573
Explorer
Explorer
Here we are at Desert View, Grand Canyon. It is a campground but no services so maybe it somewhat qualifies as boondocking? :h Anyway, it was quiet and great views.

We love boondocking but work just gets in the way most of the time. Love all the great pictures. I'll see what else I can dig up.

Glenn
2015 Thor Pilazzo 33.2
2017 Jeep Cherokee Toad

dotcom
Explorer
Explorer
roughranger wrote:
Rubiranch wrote:
Holy Cross is one of our all time favorite trails. It was even more enjoyable before the Army Corps of Engineers blasted and drained the mud bog. The mud bog kept the amateurs from reaching the city.:W:B

Anymore, French Creek is doing a pretty good job at keeping the riff-raff at bay. Hope to run Holy Cross this summer ๐Ÿ™‚

When did you run it last Sean?

don't remember the name of the CG but it was @1/4 mile down the main road from the holly cross trail lower parking.

as for french creek it is for sure a major obstacle now, the last time i ran it, when these pics were taken, i tore the lower control arm mount off the drivers axle side and had to weld it back on the trail in order to get back down to the RV. then we had to re-weld it again to be able to tow the jeep home. when we got it home i cut the old mounts off and tig welded some new 1/4in mounts in their place.

the last time we were on the trail was around the end of last summer and it was a blast! hope to do it again soon.

French Creek
The Mortgage Guy www.seangriffith.com 99 Fourwinds 31QSV Class C and a 04 Jeep Unlimited running E85 ethanol fuel

pkjr
Explorer
Explorer
Rubiranch wrote:
pkjr wrote:
Kenny - Looking forward to pics of your boots kicked up by the fire from this weekend! Have a great trip! :B

I can't post them here:( We stayed in a campground:o:(

Well, hopefully next time! :W :B

I'm hoping for a quick trip out after Memorial Day weekend, and then a longer trip planned for mid-June. If all goes smooth, I'll have more boondocking pics to share pretty soon! :B
John Acton - โ€œPower tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely"

Rubiranch
Explorer
Explorer
pkjr wrote:
Kenny - Looking forward to pics of your boots kicked up by the fire from this weekend! Have a great trip! :B

I can't post them here:( We stayed in a campground:o:(

Rubiranch
Explorer
Explorer

2002 for me.

roughranger
Explorer
Explorer
Rubiranch wrote:
Holy Cross is one of our all time favorite trails. It was even more enjoyable before the Army Corps of Engineers blasted and drained the mud bog. The mud bog kept the amateurs from reaching the city.:W:B

Anymore, French Creek is doing a pretty good job at keeping the riff-raff at bay. Hope to run Holy Cross this summer ๐Ÿ™‚

When did you run it last Sean?
02 Granite Ridge 3100 SS
------------------------
00 Ford Explorer XLT 4DR

Rubiranch
Explorer
Explorer
dotcom wrote:
holly cross trail colorado

Are you camped in Gold Park? Holy Cross is one of our all time favorite trails. It was even more enjoyable before the Army Corps of Engineers blasted and drained the mud bog. The mud bog kept the amateurs from reaching the city.:W:B