Rubiranch
Explorer
Explorer
Camp Host, from the other side.
953 REPLIES 953

ccamping
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks,yes the desert in early Summer before the heat sets in is great!

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful pictures and stunning scenery. I think I could get into that.
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator

ccamping
Explorer
Explorer
Some shoots from a recent 1000 mile trek through the southeastern corner of Oregon

RFOneWatt
Explorer
Explorer
ReneeG wrote:
Very nice. My kind of camping.

Mine too! Beautiful pics.

Keep 'em all coming guys & gals!
Want a free and easy way to share files between all of your computers & mobile devices? (Android,IPhone,Ipad,Mac, etc.) Install this now and thank me later! ๐Ÿ™‚ http://bit.ly/eL1KjV

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice. My kind of camping.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
We finally got up to our favorite area around Jefferson Co last Thursday night. This spot was only a few miles in and huge with nice views.

We can't wait to get back up there again.

JinD
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator

Eurocamper
Explorer
Explorer
worldfamuspat wrote:
Our favorite. Vally of Fire outside of Las Vegas NV

We like pictures here.:)
2008 Fleetwood Evolution E1
2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
2007 Nissan Xterra 4x4
Ex 1997 Volkswagen Eurovan Camper

worldfamuspat
Explorer
Explorer
Our favorite. Vally of Fire outside of Las Vegas NV

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
OldRadios - you're right.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
Here are some photos I'll share of one of our favorite sites in the Adirondacks. It's a great area to canoe and kayak not far from our home in upstate New York. We haul the boats and trailer up there with the old B a few times each summer.

Our dog Gidget knows loves to go camping and canoeing. She has her own bed area in the back of the B but can relax just about anywhere.

I was kayaking through the narrow channel up ahead in this photo. I must have been herding some large fish in front of the kayak. I wish I had the camera out. A Bald Eagle swooped down and plucked one of the fish out of the water about 20 feet in front of me. One of the most beautiful and impressive things I have ever seen.

This is the start of the Bog River Flow. A nice little flat water round trip of about 26 miles. One of our favorite canoe trips. An ocasional Black Bear will stand on the rocks along the edge and watch you paddle by.

I was able to snap this photo one evening as another traveler passed by in the distance.

It really doesn't get any better than this.
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

insp1505
Explorer
Explorer
Salmon National Forest Idaho, Friday 13th.

tmm2good
Explorer
Explorer

Near the Spanish Peaks, southern Colorado
18 GD Momentum 376
13 GMC Denali Dually D/A
Motorcycles / ATV's

reasley
Explorer
Explorer
redundant...

reasley
Explorer
Explorer
The Alabama Hills are along California's Hwy 395, just west of Lone Pine, directly below Mt Whitney. I saw nothing prohibiting ATV use and did not see any, but we have only been there on weekdays. It's BLM supervised so not a lot of regulations. I think ATV use at Alabama Hills falls under the Dispersed OHV Rules ie stick to exsisting trails and CA motor vehicle laws apply. There is a BLM OHV area at Poleta to the north near Bishop.

Here are a few links the you might find interesting.
http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medialib/blm/ca/pdf/bishop/suv.Par.46073.File.dat/movie_road_tour_broc....
http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medialib/blm/ca/pdf/bishop/suv.Par.24163.File.dat/movie_tour_508.pdf
http://www.monocounty.org/us-highway-395/

KampingKris
Explorer
Explorer
Looks great. Just where is that? Are there ATV trails there? We're always looking for new places to explore.
KampingKris & FiremanSteve
Jada - American Eskie princess
2008 Tiffin Allergro Bus
2010 Polaris 850XP
2010 Polaris RZR