Rubiranch
Explorer
Explorer
Camp Host, from the other side.
953 REPLIES 953

everymilesamemo
Explorer
Explorer
Havent seen too many people posting on here, so I thought I'd throw some past shots up from one of Our Galleries

On the Beach in Los Ceritos Baja Mexico Sur

Not really a camp spot, but the view was so beautiful, we ended up spending the night here. HWY 1 along the California coast line up near Oregon

White Horse Campground in Utah. Everyone else was tent camping as this is basically just a dirt/sand lot at the trail head for the Cottonwood Narrows hike
Every Miles A Memory

Photo's of our Travels
When we realize our insignificance in this world,
it some how relieves the pressures from society to succeed
- Cindy Bonish

Rubiranch
Explorer
Explorer
c.traveler2 wrote:

Utah has some of the greatest boondocking places in the USA.

Shhhh, we're trying to keep that a secret.:W:B

Rubiranch
Explorer
Explorer
Matho wrote:

WOW, what a GREAT picture.:B

jimbob3ca
Explorer
Explorer
Bukhrn,

Glad you liked the pictures. This spot is actually only about 65 miles from home, once you leave the pavement, you are on active logging roads for about 50 miles. Pretty exciting when you meet those guys. You could get there without a four wheel drive, however if the weather turns ugly, the last 15 miles can be pretty exciting. The last time we went, we had had rain, and the road was like there was two inches of grease on it. Sure needed the four wheel drive that time.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
jimbob3ca wrote:
Thought I would share these pictures of one of my favorite sites in South-eastern British Columbia.
Camper with lake in background.

The three dots by the trees are us and two other couples camped for a few days.

This one is my wife at our evening campfire. The white dot on the farside is the only other camper at this time. Our friends arrived the next day.

WOW jimbob what a great looking place, and nice pics, is there a road that you can get there without 4wheel drive?
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Deanmac
Explorer
Explorer
wow what a thread, hope to post some pictures here real soon

jimbob3ca
Explorer
Explorer
Thought I would share these pictures of one of my favorite sites in South-eastern British Columbia.
Camper with lake in background.

The three dots by the trees are us and two other couples camped for a few days.

This one is my wife at our evening campfire. The white dot on the farside is the only other camper at this time. Our friends arrived the next day.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Leaf-Peeper wrote:
Here are some shots from a favorite campsite of ours.

No swimming pool here, no recreation or arcade room, no planned activities or crafts, no electrical or water hookups, no cable, WIFI or laundry facilities. It's quite & peaceful here, the sound of a few bullfrogs or maybe the calling of a loon are usually the noisiest thing youโ€™ll hear at night. An assortment of waterfowl, beaver and otter are some of wildlife that frequents the area.

A small area of the shoreline about 50 feet from our campsite serves as a nice kayak put in for a quite paddle and also a warm sunny area to comfort a flock of butterflies.

No bathrooms or showers, just pit toilets and a few water spigots. Itโ€™s difficult to receive a radio station. If you donโ€™t know about the particular boulder that you have to stand on in order to get a cell phone signal, the drive for a payphone is only 20 minutes away. A pair of nesting loons forage for food and feed their chicks out front of our campsite.

Wish I had gotten the opportunity to know โ€œRoseโ€. She camped here full time each season, from early May through October. She camped in a base-camp style tent with a small woodstove that provided heat for warmth & cooking and for brewing her cup of tea. She kayaked on the waters here daily. After almost completing another of season of camping here, she passed away at the age of 96. Iโ€™m quite sure she had never spent a day in a nursing home.
Nice pics, where is that area?
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Leaf-Peeper
Explorer
Explorer
Here are some shots from a favorite campsite of ours.

No swimming pool here, no recreation or arcade room, no planned activities or crafts, no electrical or water hookups, no cable, WIFI or laundry facilities. It's quite & peaceful here, the sound of a few bullfrogs or maybe the calling of a loon are usually the noisiest thing youโ€™ll hear at night. An assortment of waterfowl, beaver and otter are some of wildlife that frequents the area.

A small area of the shoreline about 50 feet from our campsite serves as a nice kayak put in for a quite paddle and also a warm sunny area to comfort a flock of butterflies.

No bathrooms or showers, just pit toilets and a few water spigots. Itโ€™s difficult to receive a radio station. If you donโ€™t know about the particular boulder that you have to stand on in order to get a cell phone signal, the drive for a payphone is only 20 minutes away. A pair of nesting loons forage for food and feed their chicks out front of our campsite.

Wish I had gotten the opportunity to know โ€œRoseโ€. She camped here full time each season, from early May through October. She camped in a base-camp style tent with a small woodstove that provided heat for warmth & cooking and for brewing her cup of tea. She kayaked on the waters here daily. After almost completing another of season of camping here, she passed away at the age of 96. Iโ€™m quite sure she had never spent a day in a nursing home.
'05 Chevy Tahoe & โ€™08 Rockwood Roo 23ss
'62 Myself
'62 Camper Honey
'96 Camper Twin Girls

everymilesamemo
Explorer
Explorer
This is a round-about way to show the camper - You can see it parked on the beach beside another Class A coach in Bahia Concepcion Mexico

This was our morning ritual to go out paddling and watch the sun come up over the bay.

This is my wife paddling back to camp so we can start the day off with some tacos and a strong margarita:B Man I miss Baja right now being in Michigan and this cold weather!
Every Miles A Memory

Photo's of our Travels
- Cindy Bonish

everymilesamemo
Explorer
Explorer
PacMan's Mom, that's a sweet picture!! I'm jealous!
Every Miles A Memory

Photo's of our Travels
- Cindy Bonish

PacMan_s_mom
Explorer
Explorer
Just outside Canyonlands NP, near Moab, UT. We camped there May 2007, it was wonderful!

Q_C_John
Explorer
Explorer
Arizona Guide, yeah, those switchbacks are a real trip. We've been seeing cat tracks in Potts Canyon up by Barnetts Camp fairly regular.

That's an interesting area, like most of the mountains around here. Gotta love Arizona:B

outbackpacker
Explorer
Explorer
Great pics.
2008 Tundra DC Limited 4x4 5.7L 4.30 gears "towing rocket"--Paid for!
Motor Trend's 2008 Truck of the Year
2009 Outback 310BHS Equal-i-zer, Prodigy, 9000lbs, 35ft

ARIZONA_GUIDE
Explorer
Explorer
QC JOHN. That is a fun loop to ride. I used to do it in my truck about four years ago. I hunt Coues whitetail deer up top of the switchbacks. We have chased a few good lions and bears up that loop as well. See ya on the trail.
2002 R-vision trail lite. Love it.
1999 dodge 4x4 deisle. Have loved it from the day it rolled off the lot. now at 250k
http://goodmanfamilygivingcenter.blogspot.com/
http://goodmanfamilyoutdoors.blogspot.com/