cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Zion

Jesshopes
Explorer
Explorer
We will be in Utah in the Fall...planning a stop at Zion. I tried to book Zion River Resort and they can not accommodate us. Other favorite parks in the area? We have a 37 ft TT and a lot of kids.
15 REPLIES 15

4runnerguy
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, another vote for Watchman. Flush toilets as noted. But more importantly, the CG is right by the Virgin "River". But fall, it is a slow moving stream. Kids love to play in the water, build dams, etc. All the things kids love to do in a stream. There are huge Cottonwood trees all along the river, so on hot days (yes they heppen even in September) adults take their lawn chairs and put their feet in the river. As noted, you can walk to the visitors center and catch the bus up the canyon (the only way one can get up there) so you don't have to worry about finding a parking spot. There's also a shuttle into Springdale so unless you want to go farther afield, once you park your rig at thr CG, you don't have to move it.

There are electric hookups in a number of the campsites, but if you fill your tanks and have to empty them during the middle of your stay, it is still worth the bother because the CG is just that nice. (Make sure the kids know to only use the campground toilets to save water and tank space).
Ken & Allison
2 Camping Cats (1 diabetic)
1996 4Runner, TRD Supercharger, Edelbrock headers
2007 Fleetwood Arcadia, Honda EU2000i
4 mountain bikes, 1 canoe, 4 tents, 8 sleeping bags, 2 backpacks
(You get the idea!)

Jesshopes
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the recommendation!

jensenst wrote:
We have stayed in Zion Canyon campground 3 times. Walk to Zion entrance or shuttle close to all shops. Last weekend of September Zion canyon music festival

Jesshopes
Explorer
Explorer
They have room...just a max of 8 per site and we exceed that and they will make no exceptions.
dedmiston wrote:
Jesshopes wrote:
We will be in Utah in the Fall...planning a stop at Zion. I tried to book Zion River Resort and they can not accommodate us. Other favorite parks in the area? We have a 37 ft TT and a lot of kids.

I'd keep checking with ZRR to see if they have any cancellations between now and then.

The only downside to that park is that they're militant about "no kids" in the spa. That spa is SO inviting, but they won't allow any little people in it.

Jesshopes
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! Great advice! Thanks!
TenOC wrote:
FYI ALL Zion parking (including parking on the side of the road) is taken by 10:00 Get up early!!!!! . . . :M

dedmiston
Jesshopes wrote:

I'd keep checking with ZRR to see if they have any cancellations between now and then.

The only downside to that park is that they're militant about "no kids" in the spa. That spa is SO inviting, but they won't allow any little people in it.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jesshopes wrote:
The campground sounds fantastic but with the size of our group and the number of days we are going to be staying I don't think we can go without full hookup ๐Ÿ˜ž
Desert Captain wrote:
Watchman is where you want to stay and this far out you should be able to get a site that will accommodate your rig. Go online and check it out, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

:C

Watchman has nice restrooms with flush toilets and there is a two-lane dump station inside the CG. It has 30 amps at your site and the convenience of being just a very short walk to the visitor center and tram station is priceless.

Every year Zion get more and more crowded and dealing with the mob at the entrance not to mention paying for admission every day gets pricey. Trust me, you want to be in Watchman if you can find the right site.

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
FYI ALL Zion parking (including parking on the side of the road) is taken by 10:00 Get up early!!!!! . . . :M
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

jensenst
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed in Zion Canyon campground 3 times. Walk to Zion entrance or shuttle close to all shops. Last weekend of September Zion canyon music festival

Jesshopes
Explorer
Explorer
The campground sounds fantastic but with the size of our group and the number of days we are going to be staying I don't think we can go without full hookup ๐Ÿ˜ž
Desert Captain wrote:
Watchman is where you want to stay and this far out you should be able to get a site that will accommodate your rig. Go online and check it out, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Definitely check out Campendium. I just searched Zion National Park and a multitude of various campgrounds came up.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
When we went to Zion we stayed at Watchman campground in the park and it was in September. There were quite a few huge Class A's there so it seems you should fit.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Also check Campendium. It's free and fabulous with review and pics from actual campers.

Jesshopes
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks! I have the Good Sam app. I thought I'd get some first experience before I made a decision.

azdryheat wrote:
GO to the top of this page and push the RV PARKS button to begin your search. We've been all over the country and Good Sam has helped us immensely finding the RV parks in unfamiliar territory.

Oh, and download the Good Sam app to your phone. With the wife driving, I'll use the app to find a place to spend the night. Works great.