cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Good Sam discount

Steelewoman
Explorer II
Explorer II

Howdy fellow campers. Just want to make you aware that while camping at Manor RV campground in Estes Park you may not get a good Sam discount even though they advertised as a good Sam campground. I booked online but there was NO spot to   Note  my Good Sam info.  GENERALLY most places charge one night fee upon booking THEN collect balance upon arriving, however,RV MANOR Estes Park CO, CHARGED OUR ENTIRE 5 day stay BEFORE we even arrived! 
that didn’t concern me so much because I was going to settle with them when I checked in showing my good Sam card when I was told: we can’t discount it retroactively you have to take it up with Good Sam. Unfortunately, that is not Good Sam’s responsibility it  is the RV Parks because they are representing as a good Sam recipient. I contacted good Sam they opened case, but it will not be up to good Sam to refund me my discount. What’s the point of having a membership when the RV Parks at represent it don’t discount your stay??

3 REPLIES 3

Steelewoman
Explorer II
Explorer II

I am awaiting a reply from GS as they “opened a case” when I reported my issue. I feel if GS contacted ‘someone in a position ‘ to reimburse me my discount at Manor RV , Estes Park, it would be easily resolved. Still waiting….

QCMan
Nomad III
Nomad III

You learned why most members call in a reservation if there is no spot to note club affiliation. Lots of sites do fine with memberships but there are some that play the game you got caught in.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

• Thanks for the reply.  I am not one that enjoys being “caught in the game”, so out of principle I will pursue the issue until resolved…or I will be busy writing g MANY unfavorable RV reviews re; both the park and GS membership denial.