cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Adding a 110 V outlet to my slide?

Lazy_D
Explorer
Explorer
How tough would it be to add a 110 V outlet to a slide? My living room slide houses all my sitting area and the OEM sitting it literally a flat bench with a 4" pad. I've found a sectional made by Southern Motion that will fit perfectly in this slide area, but they are power recliners. So I'll need 110 volts available to power there recliners.
Anyone added a 110 outlet in a slide?
Thanks in advance.
TV 2007 Chevy 2500HD CCSB 4X4 Duramax. EFI Live, Edge insight, Sinister EGR delete
S&B cold air intake, Titan 52 gal tank, FASS 150 Lift pump, Magnaflow 5" exhaust
Andersen ultimate hitch
Air Ride bags
3 REPLIES 3

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
One easier way of adding 120 volts to a slide is installing a 15/20 amp power inlet on the side of the slide. Pedestals always have 20 amp receptacle since they are required by NEC except in older CGs built in the 60s that pre-dated the NEC requirement.

To get 120 volts into a slide, they use a flexible harness/track thingy that flexes as the slide moves in and out. Sorry, can't remember what the correct term is. We have one for the fridge in our slide. Looks like some work to install, esp. if you have an enclosed underbelly.

Lazy_D
Explorer
Explorer
TNGW1500SE wrote:
Many RV's have 110 in the slide (mine does) and it's just a flexible wire feeding it. Just make sure it clears everything when operating the slide and add grommets to any holes it has to go through. Maybe use "soow" cord.

Does the new couch have a transformer where it plugs in the wall? If so it's stepping the 110 down to a lower voltage and you may just be able to extend the wires on the couch. Might be safer and less work than running a new 110 outlet.

Electric couches! We sure have come a long way since we were living in caves ๐Ÿ˜‰

Well,...I think it does have a transformer, I'll have to find out what the voltage is. If it were 12 volts that would make it much easier. Good point.
Thanks.
D
TV 2007 Chevy 2500HD CCSB 4X4 Duramax. EFI Live, Edge insight, Sinister EGR delete
S&B cold air intake, Titan 52 gal tank, FASS 150 Lift pump, Magnaflow 5" exhaust
Andersen ultimate hitch
Air Ride bags

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
Many RV's have 110 in the slide (mine does) and it's just a flexible wire feeding it. Just make sure it clears everything when operating the slide and add grommets to any holes it has to go through. Maybe use "soow" cord.

Does the new couch have a transformer where it plugs in the wall? If so it's stepping the 110 down to a lower voltage and you may just be able to extend the wires on the couch. Might be safer and less work than running a new 110 outlet.

Electric couches! We sure have come a long way since we were living in caves ๐Ÿ˜‰