cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bathroom Towel Holder

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
There isn't much space under the bathroom sink in my Cedar Creek 36CKTS for large bath, hand towels and wash cloths. After searching all local stores and finding nothing I finally hit on a web site called faucetdirect.com. It didn't take long to find what I was looking for. I opted for the 2 guest model. They also have 3 and 4 guest models.

Before

After

I used 1/4" plywood behind the rack to stiffen the wall.

Here's the link:

faucetdirect.com

Search Towel Racks

C.B.
CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B
15 REPLIES 15

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
Love the red oak bathroom door towel rack. Ever consider making these and selling them online? I bet they would sell well, especially to people who don't have the tools to make this themselves.
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

LarryJM
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our last trailer had a towel rack/storage fixture on the inside of the bathroom door that we really liked and I made one similar and mounted it to our current trailer. This allows storage of three bathtowels and wash clothes w/o folding them so the dry better and w/o taking up any precious wall space in the bathroom. It's made out of red oak and secured to the door with moly anchors. Here are two pics of this .,.

For normal everyday sink use I have a single towel rack next to the sink ....

And for really wet items such as towels or whatever I put one of the expanding shower curtain rods along the back wall of the shower ....

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
We use a standard over the door towel holder over the outside of the shower enclosure. The towels are always out of the way and they dry fast there.

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
Our bathroom has a pocket and a swing door and the over the door double towel hanger sticks out too much that it prevents the door from swinging to its full extent as it contacts the linen closet door behind. This means the gap to get in the doorway is too small and also you run the risk of punching a dent into the nice Chreey door of the aforementioned linen closet door.

Current solution is plastic hooks hung off the swing door which allow the door to open wider, and when they do hit the linen closet door there is no damage. Works but looks dumb.
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
Over the door towel racks are a good option except when your bathroom door in a CC 36CKTS is a pocket door. :h :B

That's why the damp towels are draped over the shower doors.

C.B.

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
BillyandKris wrote:
They have some that hang over a door or could be hung over shower wall or door. I think camping world has them? This would also make the towel not be right up against the wall and could dry better.

I have one of the double hangers that go over the door from CW. In a word - flimsy junk.

Besides if you hang it over the "glass" shower enclosure wall or door, you have to find a way to (a) pad the hook that goes over the door since it is for a typical door (so it is about 2" wide), and (b) pad the contact point under the bottom of the assembly where it touches the glass. Good thing was it only cost about $10 so not a big loss in money.

Agree that it is better the damp towel not touch anything for faster drying results.
Regards,
Wayne
_

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I think the hotel style would be best for storage, as he said that was limited in his RV, and not really designed for storage in use.
bumpy

BillyandKris
Explorer
Explorer
They have some that hang over a door or could be hung over shower wall or door. I think camping world has them? This would also make the towel not be right up against the wall and could dry better.

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
wmoses wrote:
C.B. wrote:
There isn't much space under the bathroom sink in my Cedar Creek 36CKTS for large bath, hand towels and wash cloths. ....

This is a breautiful mod and very professionally done.

One question though - where do you hang the used / damp towel? Having done this mod I am assuming you have no other towel bars ...?

I ask this because my bathroom has little space for towel bars and I would love to have 2 as we like to hang damp towels across the full width of the bar so that they dry fastest and stay fresh longest. Right now we use over the door plastic hooks.

Over the shower doors.

c.B.

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
BillyandKris wrote:
That is cool! How did you fasten plywood to wall? You did a beautiful job.

2-1/4" toggle bolts hold the rack and plywood to the wall.

C.B.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I have put clear plexiglass sheets behind a towel bar that protects the wood behind it. same as behind the stove.
bumpy

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
C.B. wrote:
There isn't much space under the bathroom sink in my Cedar Creek 36CKTS for large bath, hand towels and wash cloths. ....

This is a breautiful mod and very professionally done.

One question though - where do you hang the used / damp towel? Having done this mod I am assuming you have no other towel bars ...?

I ask this because my bathroom has little space for towel bars and I would love to have 2 as we like to hang damp towels across the full width of the bar so that they dry fastest and stay fresh longest. Right now we use over the door plastic hooks.
Regards,
Wayne
_

BillyandKris
Explorer
Explorer
That is cool! How did you fasten plywood to wall? You did a beautiful job.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
good thinking
bumpy