Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Body sealer

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
Two questions here really.
#1 recently added fans to fridge exhaust at roof and had to take the cover off.
The four screws in the cover went into molded recesses in the cover, and were sealed in with a white elastic sealer.
Anyone know what that was? I need to replace it.
#2 some of the things attached to the outside of our Coachman have a white sealer around them but the windows and access doors do not.
Anybody know what that sealer is ?
Here's a couple examples:

As always, thanks!
"wine is a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy" ben franklin
8 REPLIES 8

spike99
Explorer
Explorer
Dicor.

Some Dicor tubes are for horizontal and some are for non-sag areas.

For walls, do ensure one buys the non-SAG version.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
punomatic wrote:
I recently recaulked a couple of windows. The local RV dealer uses and recommends Nu-Flex 313 fast set silicone for things on the side. I used RV putty between the window and the coach sidewall. Then I sealed around the perimeter with the Nu-Flex. I would not recommend Dicor on the sides of the coach, at least not the self-leveling kind. I don't know if there is a different Dicor product that people use on the sides. Anyway, I found the Nu-Flex easy to work with, and the result looks very substantial and professional. YMMV
Let us know in a couple of years how that silicone is working for you.

Yes, there are different formulations of Dicor, one made especially for wall joints.

FWIW, silicone sealants are good for mating surfaces in compression. They will break down fast if left to weather on an exterior surface. Nothing will adhere to a cured silicone sealant, not even more uncured sealant. A better choice is the aforementioned Dicor or Geocel Proflex sealant.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

milo
Explorer II
Explorer II
On our new Cougar they used tons of ..looks like Dicor around all the vents on the roof but used a clear sealant on all the fittings, doors & wents on the sides.
Janet & Milo ...47 fantastic yrs 2gether :B
Mona Yorkie & Buddy our beloved Beagle (both in spirit)
2013 F-150 Kodiak Brown XLT 4X4 HD Ecoboost
2014 Cougar 26sab

Living under the best Government money can buy ... Bob Brinker ๐Ÿ˜‰

punomatic
Explorer
Explorer
I recently recaulked a couple of windows. The local RV dealer uses and recommends Nu-Flex 313 fast set silicone for things on the side. I used RV putty between the window and the coach sidewall. Then I sealed around the perimeter with the Nu-Flex. I would not recommend Dicor on the sides of the coach, at least not the self-leveling kind. I don't know if there is a different Dicor product that people use on the sides. Anyway, I found the Nu-Flex easy to work with, and the result looks very substantial and professional. YMMV
DW and Me
2016 Riverside White Water Retro 195
2014 Nissan Titan SL Crew Cab
Formerly, I used to work for the department of redundancy department.

Life in Black and Blue

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
That's what I'll get then,thanks ๐Ÿ™‚
"wine is a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy" ben franklin

jsikora
Explorer
Explorer
Dicor. Use it all the time
1998 Fleetwood Bounder 30
FORE SALE - 2006 Fleetwood Wilderness 5th Wheel
SOLD - 2010 F-350 PSD Lariet CC 4X4
2000 Jayco Pop Up...The Guest House

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
Really?
Nobody knows what that sealer is?

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Most likely Dicor
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper