cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fexperience w/ Excel tankless & ventless water heaters?

eubank
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have any experience, good or bad, with the Excel tankless and ventless water heater? The price is certainly right.
http://excelonlinestore.com/tankless-gas-water-heater-1-6-gpm-lpg-propane-low-pressure-startup
Lynn
6 REPLIES 6

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
Are you willing to post your results from talking to the tech department ?

2 things
GPM needed
Temperature differential

please EUbank, post what they
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi Lynn,

I'd look at a ten gallon that is electrical, propane, and (if you are in a self propelled RV) engine heat exchanger.

Tankless heaters are not yet ready for prime time in RV's.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

eubank
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the commmentary on this! As is often the case, a low price would come with very low expectations. Think we'll consider one of the more standard (and expensive) tankless models.

๐Ÿ™‚
Lynn

5thwheeleroldma
Explorer
Explorer
Nearly 50 years ago, working in Libya in oil bus, tankless propane water heaters were all they had in our houses. Several expats died closing bathroom door to take warm bath; supposedly they burned all the oxygen in the air and they just went to sleep not to wake up. Sure things have changed since, but beware.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Those are available under a lot of different names. They are not intended to be used inside a living space. I have seen a couple of pop up owners that mounted them on the outside.

Look at the fittings, they are garden hose connections.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
It will introduce a good bit of moisture into the air in the RV, like a ventless heater. I guess if you're taking a shower that's perhaps not a show-stopper, since showering also introduces a lot of moisture that needs to be vented out anyhow. If you are someplace with cold city water, it would also be rather anemic; you'd have to either have a cool shower or a pretty dribbly one.

I can't tell whether the unit is thermostatically controlled in any way (for varying flow rates). I'd rather hope it would be. It's also not clear how easy or hard it would be to drain for winterizing; pumping antifreeze through should be workable in any case. They didn't seem to have any sort of actual installation or user manual available online; probably you could get one by email for the asking. I wonder what the clearance requirements would be.