cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Happijack Double bed platform

tilemancoquitla
Explorer
Explorer
I am getting rid of my happijack sofa that converts to a double bed (just not comfortable to sleep on). I am then going to get the bed brackets and then need to make the bed platform. The measurements for the bed platform are larger than a sheet of plywood. Does anyone know there construction or any ideas on how to make a lightweight platform for that size
2 REPLIES 2

RTBabich
Explorer
Explorer
We built a bed platform to replace the Happijack sofa in our 2009 23' WW. We reused the angled sofa brackets which on ours were the same as for the bed. Angle iron and plates were used to connect the bed platform to the Happijack brackets with large flathead bolts.
The bed platform was made using 3 sheets of plywood with 2x4s sandwiched between spaced 3.5" apart. The frame was made of poplar boards stained to match the cabinets. It was a big project, well worth the effort and has been working great.
I think the whole project cost around $300 not counting the really nice queen mattress we now sleep on.
I think we got $100 for the sofa from a guy who restores trailers.
PM me if you want more info and pics.
2009 Weekend Warrior, FB2100, 23ft, 7.5k, Maxxis ST225/75R15, Dexter EZ Flex, Equalizer 10k

jneubig
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know the answer to your question, but may be interested in purchasing the sofa setup if your selling??