cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Has anyone added a bunk end to their RV?

Fixed_Sight_Tra
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,
The family and I are very happy with our smaller toy hauler with vapor barrier and the DW and I are comfortable in the hybrid bunk but the kids sleep on the dinette folded into a bed. It's kind of a hassle to put up and down. We end up using the garage with the ramp supported with straps as a deck to spend most of our time but I was thinking if I added a wall mounted sofa/ bed one one side and a bunk end on the other there would be plenty of room as the kids grow and we could leave the dinette up.

Just thinking about ideas to make it more comfortable.
Big Brother is watching.
3 REPLIES 3

Fixed_Sight_Tra
Explorer
Explorer
OR an inflatable mattress. I would like something that doesn't clutter the garage or that I have to worry about putting up or taking down. The wall mounted bed turns into a sofa and that's fine and will probably be the first project but the canvas bunks are great to sleep in, unzip the sides and you get a nice breeze. Eventually this thing is going to get a little small inside as the kids get bigger. A bunk seems like a good way to expand without adding much weight or a payment. Not to mention if we go any bigger than our 23 ft we would have trouble getting to the places we like to camp.
Big Brother is watching.

Victory402
Explorer
Explorer
Have you thought about a hammock?

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
The TH that We Had way back in 2000/01 had a set of folding BunkBeds attached to the Drivers Side Wall. It was a relatively simple design that provided two decent sized beds for people to sleep in comfort!
It was a Forest River ..Wildwood 37 Foot Fiver!
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD