cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Have you tried this Bluetooth Outdoor Speaker w/LED Light

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's rather interesting. At times we would like a little music outside while watching the sun set. This is a combination speaker and outside light. What you do is replace your current outside light with it.

The light is bright if you want it to be, or it can be dimmed. The only feature I see lacking is a motion control like on the light I installed last year.

Combo speaker / outdoor light on Amazon.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.
16 REPLIES 16

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use JAM Bluetooth Speakers Good sound and cheap enough to take a chance on. Factory speakers disintegrated - outdoor speakers - ya right.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Flip and it sounds pretty amazing for such a small speaker. I use it with Pandora. We can set it right beside us and have nice music as opposed to cranking up those tinny RV speakers.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Some small stuff may surprise you. I goof around with all kinds of audio stuff, mostly higher end hi-fi, but I do build smaller stuff. I have a small boombox I'm working on now. I've auditioned the speakers in small test boxes and the results were really good. Since space is a big part of the design criteria (mounting this small aluminum case on a bike), they had to be small. This is my current speaker of choice: Faital Pro 3FE20. This little guy is waterproof and plays 100hz to 20khz and does it well.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
Trackrig wrote:
If you're close enough to listen to my music, I do expect you to pay for half of my space rent..........

snap-snap-snap......

Agreed with Westend - small closely spaced speakers in plastic body can't possibly be good enough for this price. Though something tells me that sound quality is not the point here.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Roy B,

I do have both of your suggestions. The speaker is a different brand, but the same size.

On the light, we're on our second one. The first one performed fine as such, but the two little whitish sensors on each end of the light had problems. The white plastic covering the sensors completely fell apart on both of them within 12 months. All I could figure out was UV damage? The vendor replaced the light, but it took a little bit of doing. Otherwise, it's a nice light.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
fulltimedaniel wrote:
With all due respect to the OP and I am sure they are nice folks, but in my view ALL forms of outdoor speakers on RV's should be banned, torn off the wall, made dysfunctional or otherwise destroyed.

The LAST thing I want to do at a campground or RV PARK (or even a WalMart)is listen to your choice of music. Generally speaking if you can hear it your neighbors can hear it.

If you're close enough to listen to my music, I do expect you to pay for half of my space rent..........

Bill

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:

Agreed I imagine you don't want to hear what I call music and I don't want to hear yours.

my neighbors kids two doors down frequently play cr@p at 8000 db on their dock and I have an idea to get a powerful amp/system and blast polka music their direction.
bumpy

Tin_Pusher
Explorer II
Explorer II
Trackrig, I asked the same question not long ago. Didn't find anybody that had direct experience with the Kings, but I did get some useful discussion plus the same guff about how I should just remove my stereo and destroy all my CD's.

In the end I have about decided just to go with a Flip or something similar.

Good luck.
Tin Pusher's Guide To Successful RV'ing: "Don't get mad, don't get in a hurry"

2002 1500HD
2002 Wilderness 265H
1997 Seadoo GTI
1952 Wife;)

westend
Explorer
Explorer
These JBL Flip series of Bluetooth speakers get good reviews. I haven't heard one so can't give a personal endorsement. At least, a portable speaker would mean eliminating the fuss of installation.

If users knew the cost of current Bluetooth modules and the expense of those cheap speakers (the near total cost of the operating bits), they would never buy them. I could take a plastic pipe, fill it with a module, and wire it to two excellent, weatherproof speakers for less than half the cost of that unit proposed. Fancy lights and a remote control for lights, not included.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
fulltimedaniel wrote:
With all due respect to the OP and I am sure they are nice folks, but in my view ALL forms of outdoor speakers on RV's should be banned, torn off the wall, made dysfunctional or otherwise destroyed.

The LAST thing I want to do at a campground or RV PARK (or even a WalMart)is listen to your choice of music. Generally speaking if you can hear it your neighbors can hear it.

Agreed I imagine you don't want to hear what I call music and I don't want to hear yours.
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

fulltimedaniel
Explorer
Explorer

evanrem
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have not used it but it looks cool. Having a Bluetooth speaker for music is so much nicer then having the older style cord hook up we have in our trailer. I went with the Bose Bluetooth speaker which sounds awesome and is portable but not waterproof for 160 at Costco.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pretty neat... Too expensive for this old cowboy however...

Only those that have washer/dryer combos can probably afford one of these...

I did however just pick up a real neat BLUETHOOTH portable speaker from AMAZON being the DELL AD211 mainly to use for my Broadcastify Police Scanner links outside...

This has a range of about 40-feet from the trailer from the source...
Great sound and volume for its size... Sits anywhere...

DELL PORTABLE SPEAKER Model AD211(520-AAGP) 6x2x2 inches...

Google Image

I use one of these STARLIGHT SL1000 motion detector lights on my off-road trailer That i got several years back... The high Sun UV's however is starting to do a job on the lens however...

Google image

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

ralphnjoann
Explorer
Explorer
There are lots of ways of listening to music while watching the sunset that don't cost $180. Too rich for my budget.