cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Idea for filtered air into the RV

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
Many people have MaxxAir/ Fantastic Fans. Along with the stock bathroom fan. Normally air must enter through the window drip vents and cracks at the door to replenish the air leaving the RV.

You could take a 4" automotive filter and use PVC pipe to route the filtered air into the RV. The picture shows 4" pipe, but i think you could reduce the 4" down to 2" so that you are only drilling a 2" hole into the floor of your rig.

To avoid confusion the picture shows a 4" filter attached to a 4" marine blower. I think you could skip the blower part and only use the filter. It would be nice to use a higher quality filter. This was just an ebay no name filter.

I put a little computer fan on my ceiling vent. Yesterday i was picking something up and my face was near the output pipe in my trailer. Was surprised how much air was coming through. Made me think that people with a high power MaxxAir vent could totally suck some nice filtered air into their rig.

18 REPLIES 18

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
I think you could get clever with placement under the trailer. Snuggle the filter between holding tanks. Somewhere naturally blocking the smoke.

My placement is not ideal for travel. To answer the first gentleman its not travel worthy in wet weather. Plan was to build some type of airbox. Its been 2 years and still havnt done that. Instead i remove the filter and put packaging tape over the pipe. Its a quick solution that works for me. My trailer only moves a handful of times a year.

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
It would be darned nice if that thing could filter out campfire smoke from the neighbors.

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you are talking about filtering air to remove virus particles, forget it. You need something like 0.1 micron filters and no Maxair is going to pull air thru one of those filters if you could even find one. The would be rather pricey too. In the Navy we had little air samplers, about the size of a rural mailbox, that filtered air thru 0.45 micron filters that were about an inch and a half in diameter. They were commonly called the 'Cadillac' because you could buy one of the cars for what the pump cost.

If you are talking about filtering dust out of the air, then enjoy yourself.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
That's a neat idea.
If the filter gets wet while driving does it affect the performance?
Maybe a marine blower would be better (quieter) than running the ceiling fan?