cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Interior Door fixes

garymunson
Explorer
Explorer
I found on our new Winnebago, the pocket door between the bedroom and bath rattled and worked very roughly. I noticed that up in the track there is a plastic piece on each end with a hole in it that serves to 'trap' a spring-loaded rod and then holds the door in the open or closed position. The plastic piece is attached by a screw in a countersunk hole but the screw was not fully in. It protruded enough that the rod would catch on it as it passed by making for noise and jerky operation. Simply screwing them fully into their countersink made the operation MUCH better. The second issue was the door had quite a bit of side to side movement that would make noise when driving and also made for a poor 'operating experience'. I went to Wallymart and got a pack of their round felt pads and stuck them against the inner wall just inside the opening. In my case I needed a single pad on one side and three pads stacked on the other side to position the door correctly. Made a huge difference...more like a sliding door in a Prevost now! Another fix on the swinging doors was to put a small screw in the door trim adjacent to the latch. I noticed that even in the short time we have had the Winnie, closing the doors was making the trim pull loose since they were only held by staples. Smaller felt pads on the door trim also helped eliminate rattles from those doors and made them close solidly.
1 REPLY 1

Tango__AE7UI
Explorer
Explorer
As the saying goes "it's the devil in the details."
Part of being an RV owner.
2007 Tango 2660RKS Fifth Wheel, 2006 Chevy D/A 3500 with service body,