cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

LED Interior bulbs

KE6IRJ
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have experience with these bulbs?

Link

Getting ready to pull the trigger on LED replacements in all the lights. I wad planning on one bulb per light instead of 2.
Brian
2010 Keystone Springdale SG294BHSSR
2006 Ford F250 Superduty SB 4x4
11 REPLIES 11

-Oz-
Explorer
Explorer
I have two versions running in my RV:
- The panels as posted on page 1; I use them where I need more light.
- I have small circles that plug directly into the socket; I use them where I want less light (bathroom, under the cabinets where the light is physically closer).

I bought both from ebay direct from china; way cheaper and they have been going for 2 years now without a single failure.
Dan
RV: 2013 Shadow Cruiser S185 FBR
My ~200W Portable and Fixed Solar System

Luv_Campin
Explorer
Explorer
I bought the warm version of the ones you're looking at. They do have a very slight greenish tint to them but otherwise they're fine. Not quite as bright as the 14 watt (I think) ones that they replaced but I've got enough fixtures so it didn't matter.
2007 Ford F150
2012 Keystone Summerland 2100RB
one bossy dachsund
1 short wife and 1 short dog

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Please clarify, the ones I posted or the square ones?

I think he is referencing a replacement LED panel with adaptors. You have to be sure the connecting pins in any bulb replacement you buy are aligned correctly. He is blaming the product but it is more likely that the adaptor had a bent pin or was misaligned during installation. He did clarify that the LED panel, itself, was not the problem.

I'd suggest to buy a couple of different panels from E Bay for a few bucks and then pick out what you wish to have rather than researching this to death. Buy the bulk of what you need after you have experimented with a few. No one is going to be able to nail it down for you since all of our eyes and wishes are different.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

KE6IRJ
Explorer
Explorer
OH48Lt wrote:
Almost started a fire with those cheap Chinese LED conversion panels. The adapter I needed was one of the two adapters they pack with each board. The small bare wires on the adapter that plug into the existing modular light socket have a tendency to become bent and short out the lights. Fixture started smoking and the plastic socket melted some. The boards containing the LED's were fine, but the adapters are junk.

Please clarify, the ones I posted or the square ones?
Brian

OH48Lt
Explorer
Explorer
Almost started a fire with those cheap Chinese LED conversion panels. The adapter I needed was one of the two adapters they pack with each board. The small bare wires on the adapter that plug into the existing modular light socket have a tendency to become bent and short out the lights. Fixture started smoking and the plastic socket melted some. The boards containing the LED's were fine, but the adapters are junk.
2017 Ford F-150 Crew Cab 4x4 3.5 EcoBoost
2014 Cruiser RV Fun Finder 215WKS
2015 Harley Road Glide Special in Amber Whiskey
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Yamaha Grizzly 660 (his)
Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.(hers)

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Same bulb on Ebay... 10 for $20. I would suggest using LED panels 10 for $26.00 I have found the 5050 chips run the coolest (less heat).

This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

KE6IRJ
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the heads up on the voltage, found these

Link
Brian

westend
Explorer
Explorer
You probably won't be happy with those, especially if going from two to one bulb in the fixture. 24 of 3528 SMD's will be dimmer than the original bulb. I've found that 36 of those SMD LED's on a panel are closer in lumens than 24. 48 chips are more than equivalent in "warm white".

I bought different panels from Chinese E Bay vendors until I arrived at a panel I liked. I then bought them in bulk for replacements. The panels I bought came with adaptors for different fixtures. My 12V system operates at up to 15 V in Winter and I haven't lost a single panel.

An alternative to 3528 SMD's is the newer 5050 SMD. They are brighter with less chips in the same footprint. They also consume a bit more power but still 1/5 of conventional incandescent.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

aruba5er
Explorer
Explorer
Notice it cannot be used for 13vDC RV may get hot and burnt out> I wish they would list the Lumens ( a measure of briteness) anybody can make and sell a LED but how brite is it?

KE6IRJ
Explorer
Explorer
They have warm also. Was thinking a pack of those, I like cool in my home, bugs hate it on my back porch
Brian

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
KE6IRJ wrote:
Anyone have experience with these bulbs?

Link

Getting ready to pull the trigger on LED replacements in all the lights. I wad planning on one bulb per light instead of 2.

Some may be OK with a cold white light but not us ... much prefer a warmer light closer to 3200 degrees Kelvin.

2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380