cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Leveler (Stabilizer) Jacks on a Class C?

RobertR
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 27 foot class C on a Ford E-450 chassis and would like to install a couple 7,500 lb scissor jacks to the frame in the rear of the RV. I know there are electric levelers, but they are very expensive and I am looking for a less expensive (and perhaps more reliable) alternative.

If anyone has any insights or suggestions I'd appreciate hearing them.
3 REPLIES 3

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Consider air bags? With individual "feed" lines.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I see no reason not to,I have seen a few Class Cs with them but as mentioned you have to watch the ground clearance

I did see one guy parked next to me who had a novel idea,he bolted the top pad to the frame then used pins Like These instead of bolts,said that he was tired of destroying them on driveways. He just popped under pulled the pins and stored the jacks,seemed to work for him.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would say bolt them on and go camping!:). Just make sure you are conscious of them regarding clearance. Many class C's have a very long rear overhang and anything back there is subject to contact with the ground at times.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine