cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

MORryde Step Above Steps

I was thinking of upgrading my entry steps to the new MORryde Step above but I am limited to space where I park the trailer.. Does anyone have a few moments to take 2 measurements for me ? I asked Rob at MORryde, and all he did was send me a copy of their qualifier page.. That did not give me any measurements that I need to see if they will extend in my space allowed.

#1 - my RV is fairly close to a row of hedges, when deploying the steps, what is the measurement from the side of the camper to the farthest edge of the steps when they are parallel to the ground? ( at 90 degree to the RV )

#2 - when the steps are out and being used, what is the measurement from the side of the trailer to the farthest point of the farthest step where they sit on the ground?

Thanks, Joe
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet
11 REPLIES 11

joelabq wrote:
It measured or to 49" required between trailer and object to deploy the stairs. Sorry for the late reply, hope this helps!

Thank You for the measurements
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

joelabq
Explorer III
Explorer III
It measured or to 49" required between trailer and object to deploy the stairs. Sorry for the late reply, hope this helps!
2020 Chevy Duramax 2500
2013 Wildcat 312bhx-ok

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
ependydad wrote:
If you're concerned about space, why not consider the Torklift Glowstep Revolution steps? Same positive contact to the ground without the wide swing space needed for the fixed MorRyde steps.

X2. Love mine and space is not an issue.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
They look like they set at about a 45 degree angle. For a quick and easy measurement I would take the distance from threshold to the ground times 1.4. They will stick out from the trailer when deployed about the same as the height.

joelabq wrote:
I dealt with this last year as I had to replace steps and hated the factory ones. We have a wall on the door side of our backyard access.

I believe it is around 3.5ft to deploy, and then it's ~2ft to the last step.

I can take better measurements for you tomorrow as I simply forgot what it is. Honestly, they are pretty awesome steps and didn't require as much space as I thought. I pretty much just rolled the dice...

That said, first trip out of state with them we ended up in an RV park in Anaheim, CA that had weird pads that almost made any step impossible. For a standard step you could likely just leave them in as the slab was almost to the door. With these MORryde it's deploy or you stay out of the camper. We just had them move us to something standard. never seen that before or since.

I'll try and get measurements of my 4 step version tomorrow for you.

thank you
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

joelabq
Explorer III
Explorer III
I dealt with this last year as I had to replace steps and hated the factory ones. We have a wall on the door side of our backyard access.

I believe it is around 3.5ft to deploy, and then it's ~2ft to the last step.

I can take better measurements for you tomorrow as I simply forgot what it is. Honestly, they are pretty awesome steps and didn't require as much space as I thought. I pretty much just rolled the dice...

That said, first trip out of state with them we ended up in an RV park in Anaheim, CA that had weird pads that almost made any step impossible. For a standard step you could likely just leave them in as the slab was almost to the door. With these MORryde it's deploy or you stay out of the camper. We just had them move us to something standard. never seen that before or since.

I'll try and get measurements of my 4 step version tomorrow for you.
2020 Chevy Duramax 2500
2013 Wildcat 312bhx-ok

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
Torqlift is so expensive .$540 that the cheapest I found .
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
If you're concerned about space, why not consider the Torklift Glowstep Revolution steps? Same positive contact to the ground without the wide swing space needed for the fixed MorRyde steps.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

neschultz wrote:
That answer depends on the number of steps and how far the adjustable legs are out. Hereโ€™s the #2 answer for our 3 step MorRyde unit as itโ€™s sitting in a campground with the legs extended pretty far : 34โ€. With the legs retracted the #1 answer is 38โ€

Good Point ,I meant to add that I need the 4 step ...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
I stayed at an RV park last year that is designed for over night quick in and out and was great, but the sites were level where the tires are, but sloped up almost immediately to the level of the adjacent row of sites. I saw it reported one time that this step mod would work as long as you had level ground out to as far as your extended slide on that side, but in the case described this wasn't the case. If the ground slopes up almost immediately from the tires it will clear the bottom of the slide, but I just don't see how this step would ever work regardless of the position of the adjustable feet. I know it would not work on the site I'm describing.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

neschultz
Explorer
Explorer
That answer depends on the number of steps and how far the adjustable legs are out. Hereโ€™s the #2 answer for our 3 step MorRyde unit as itโ€™s sitting in a campground with the legs extended pretty far : 34โ€. With the legs retracted the #1 answer is 38โ€
Norman & Janet with Minnie the Weiner Dog
2005 SunnyBrook 38 BWQS 5th Wheel (stationary in FL for snowbirding)