cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Never-MT

gotsmart
Explorer
Explorer
So I have this in-counter soap dispenser in the kitchen and in the bathroom. It worked fine for about 6 months. Then, after pulling the pump out to refill it, it would not dispense any soap. PITA. What to do?

I was puttering around on Amazon and found this soap dispenser:

There is a review for it that talks about a product called: Never-MT that replaces the soap bottle under the sink with a hose that goes into a large refill bottle of hand soap. It looks like this:

3 feet of hose - with a check valve, and various sizes of pre-drilled caps. Super-simple. It works like a charm!

Note: It does not work with all brands of soap dispensers. YMMV

I'll run through the instructions - sans photos (didn't take any)

1) install the base of the soap dispenser in the counter. Do not screw the soap bottle that come with the dispenser onto it.
2) from the Never-MT kit, screw the cap that fits your refill bottle of soap onto the refill bottle of soap.

3) slide the remaining caps from the Never-MT kit onto the long section of hose. This is a good way to store them to be used in the future.
4) slide the short end of the hose beneath the counter and up through the base of the soap dispenser. Secure it from falling back down into the counter.
5) heat water to be used to warm up the short length of hose to make it easier to slide the short end of the hose onto the dispenser pump.
6) place the last inch or so of the short end of the hose into the hot water. Let it soak for a minute or so.
7) slide the short end of the hose onto the bottom of the dispenser pump. Push it all the way on. I did not even bother to install the straw onto the bottom of the dispenser pump. It was easier to not use the straw.
๐Ÿ˜Ž install the dispenser pump into the dispenser base.
9) install the long end of the hose through the 3/8 inch hole in the cap on your bottle of refill soap. Slide the hose to the bottom of the bottle. Adjust the spare caps higher up on the hose as needed.
10) pump the dispenser 250 to 350 times - until soap dispenses.

I did all of the above. The way my sinks are set up I don't have to worry about securing the refill bottle from tipping in transit. You may need to secure the soap refill bottle.

This is awesome! No more *groan* bending over and looking up under the counter to see if the bottle needs refilling. I just look at the refill bottle and swap it out just before the hose starts sucking air.
2005 Cruise America 28R (Four Winds 28R) on a 2004 Ford E450 SD 6.8L V10 4R100
2009 smart fortwo Passion with Roadmaster "Falcon 2" towbar & tail light kit - pictures
4 REPLIES 4

gotsmart
Explorer
Explorer
TUCQUALA wrote:
You can do that just by drilling a hole into a soap jug lid, plastic hose, and a new pump (if actually needed!!). Have that in the house for probably 15 yrs now, with no problems. Doesn't have (or need) the check valve. I think there is one in the pump handle. Yours probably just needs cleaning. As to the strap, that's pretty cheap too, just get a velcro strap!! Can be done for a lot less than $18.00!!!!

You are correct. I can't be bothered to MacGyver something anymore if someone else already has a solution. I'm at at point in life where if I have a problem and see a solution - and the cost/my effort ratio is affordable - then I say to myself "That'll do", and I buy it.
2005 Cruise America 28R (Four Winds 28R) on a 2004 Ford E450 SD 6.8L V10 4R100
2009 smart fortwo Passion with Roadmaster "Falcon 2" towbar & tail light kit - pictures

TUCQUALA
Explorer
Explorer
You can do that just by drilling a hole into a soap jug lid, plastic hose, and a new pump (if actually needed!!). Have that in the house for probably 15 yrs now, with no problems. Doesn't have (or need) the check valve. I think there is one in the pump handle. Yours probably just needs cleaning. As to the strap, that's pretty cheap too, just get a velcro strap!! Can be done for a lot less than $18.00!!!!
'16 Outdoors Timber Ridge 280RKS
Reese 1700# Trunnion w/ DualCam HP
'03 EXCURSION XLT V10 4.30 Axles

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
This might be a first: a question and an answer all in one post.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Hey, that's pretty cool!