cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Outside TV outlet/Coax

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
I have a outlet and coax jack to hook up TV just outside our cargo door. I love to sit outside and watch the ball game, but when done we have to unplug and undo coax to close cargo door. This is a pain!!! I know i am picky. So I installed new plug outlet and coax jack inside cargo bay. I am not the only one that thought this was a bad design because Jayco did the same modification on the 2016 model. Next mod I will be installing custom TV swing mount. Here are a few pics of the modification.

Before pic cords hanging out.

After pic no cords

close up

2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog
11 REPLIES 11

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
starcraft69 wrote:
AllegroD wrote:
Did you buy this rig new? Was this installed like that at the factory or maybe a dealer add on?

Nice work.

I did buy the unit new. The outdoor outlet and coax jack was done at the factory. The indoor/basement outlet/jack I installed.

I saw that you had added the inside plug and cable. I was thinking more of when the TV was added, as the outside plugs make no sense.

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you looks like a nice job. I will be ordering that swing bracket. Once again thanks
tucker the fishing dog

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Don't look at the stuff

Moderator edit to re-size pictures to forum recommended limit of 640px maximum width.

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
K Charles wrote:
I just did the same thing last week on our MH. I also hung the TV on a swing down mount.

Do you have any pics of your swing mount???? Looking for ideas.
tucker the fishing dog

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
I just did the same thing last week on our MH. I also hung the TV on a swing down mount.

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
AllegroD wrote:
Did you buy this rig new? Was this installed like that at the factory or maybe a dealer add on?

Nice work.

I did buy the unit new. The outdoor outlet and coax jack was done at the factory. The indoor/basement outlet/jack I installed.
tucker the fishing dog

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
DrewE wrote:
I agree with the others, it looks like a very nicely done job and a good improvement.

If the outlet you put in is not on a GFCI circuit, I would suggest considering the use of a GFCI outlet there. It's in an area where it, or things plugged into it, could quite reasonably get damp and become hazardous to you when you're a reasonable path to ground. Obviously, if it's on a GFCI protected circuit, then it's fine as it is (although technically per the NEC I think you should have a little label indicating that it is indeed GFCI protected).

Thank you!! Yes it is GFI protected I spliced into same supply for the outdoor outlet. I also used a outlet box to keep to code. I never thought about the sticker,they are on all outlets. thanks for the thought.
tucker the fishing dog

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad

Nice work.

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree with the others, it looks like a very nicely done job and a good improvement.

If the outlet you put in is not on a GFCI circuit, I would suggest considering the use of a GFCI outlet there. It's in an area where it, or things plugged into it, could quite reasonably get damp and become hazardous to you when you're a reasonable path to ground. Obviously, if it's on a GFCI protected circuit, then it's fine as it is (although technically per the NEC I think you should have a little label indicating that it is indeed GFCI protected).

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Did you ever consider a position with Jayco?:B

Nice job, just as it should be.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice!
Bobbo and Lin