cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help no hot water for 2 months

Rvlifesinglema
Explorer
Explorer

Hello I have been living In my 2005 Alpha leisure fifth wheel since December.  January  is when my hot water stop working!! Inreplaced the control board thermacouple and  igniter  I have blown out the vents from debris and it still won't ignite on its own I have to manually  light it and when the flame lights it's only on for maybe 20 seconds. I don't know where the heating element is to check if it's good or not I cant afford a technician  right now!!

4 REPLIES 4

RICHB1
Explorer II
Explorer II

Does it run on electric?

Rich

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II

Can you get a make and model off the water heater? With that information we might be able to offer some better suggestions.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator

@Rvlifesinglema wrote:

Hello I have been living In my 2005 Alpha leisure fifth wheel since December.  January  is when my hot water stop working!! Inreplaced the control board thermacouple and  igniter  I have blown out the vents from debris and it still won't ignite on its own I have to manually  light it and when the flame lights it's only on for maybe 20 seconds. I don't know where the heating element is to check if it's good or not I cant afford a technician  right now!!

The heater runs on Propane. Are you getting enough pressure on the Propane? Propane pressure can drop in cold weather. 

Is this 5th-wheel trailer new to you?

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

Yes it is new to me .. and It's  a gas and electric  water heater  I have adjust the propane pressure  and get the same results !!