cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Press and Go vinyl tile

Terry46
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking at replacing all the flooring in my class A (1995 Pace Arrow Coronado) with press and go vinyl tile floating floor. Is this a viable product for an RV or should the floor be glued down? My wife is concerned that the movement and bouncing of the chassis will cause problems with the floor. My own take is that since the tiles are locked together there should be no problems. Has anyone used this product (or similar) in RV renovations?
7 REPLIES 7

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
Terry46 wrote:
Thanks for all the posts. The product I am considering is not glued down, it just clicks together like laminate flooring but has the advantage of being 100% waterproof so will not suffer like wood laminate in damp conditions.

I have the Mannington Adura planked wood style vinyl in my office over concrete and it has been wonderful. It is the click together tongue & groove style, full floating and totally waterproof. With the traffic it gets it still looks like new after 5 years. The floor even survived a burst water heater. I wouldn't hesitate to put it in an RV.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Terry46 wrote:
Thanks for all the posts. The product I am considering is not glued down, it just clicks together like laminate flooring but has the advantage of being 100% waterproof so will not suffer like wood laminate in damp conditions.

That's the type I would use, ie, the snap together type. Even allure makes that type as well as the the glue edge type. The snap and lock laminate in any brand should work fine IMO.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Terry46
Explorer
Explorer

mobilefleet
Explorer
Explorer
better off with sheet vinyl like armstrong. Problem with allure and other plank style or vinyl squares is the temp differences between seasons makes them peel up as they are designed for home use only. You will start to see seams. Plus if you look at the warranty on these products they will specifically not warranty rv or mobile installations. I've actually installed both allure and sheet vinyl. Sheet is more work but when laid down properly is very durable, and if you are good enough you can get by without even using quarter round molding. Only thing I ever used is an aluminum transition strip between rooms.

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
I have been told by many folks who should know that even if you use self adhesive glue to use the glue recommended by the tile manufacturer and glue it down. That is exactly what I did and have had no problems in nearly 3 years.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

BobandShaz
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2006 Winnie had it installed by prior owner and it sucks!!! Was glued down. Pulling up all over the MH. I think the movement and flexing makes it pull up. I think maybe some of the laminated flooring may work better since it is stiffer and floating.
Bob and Sharon

2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179

TakingThe5th
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't try this in the RV but I did use Home Depot's vinyl flooring which has glue tabs for interlocking. The floor itself "floats", not glued down. I used this floor in the utility room of the S&B which has a front-load washer and dryer. The vibration from the machines is separating the tile. Not a direct answer to your question, but hope it helps.
TakingThe5th - Chicago, Western Suburbs
'05 Ford F350 Crew 6.0 DRW Bulletproofed. Pullrite Super 5th 18K 2100 hitch.
'13 Keystone Cougar 333MKS, Maxxfan 7500, Progressive EMS-HW50C, Grey Water System.