cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Source For LEDs.

ng2951
Explorer
Explorer
I know this has been hashed out before, but I want to replace my 941s bulbs with LEDs.

There are many low-cost LEDs out there suppliers on the Internet. Who is good, reliable, and has a good reputation?

Thanks
Foard County News & Sassy Schoolmarm
with Chloe, Belle, & Danke
2017 GD Imagine 2800BH
2017 53 days camping
'07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Classic 4x4 LBZ Duramax Diesel
Honda 2000sThe Bayou Bounty Hunters Cowboy Club
The Single Action Shooting Society
18 REPLIES 18

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
2011_LED is where I have gotten all of mine from also.

I am very happy with them over a year later, and I tested them over 14.8 volts for 8 hours to see how they would last with my converter going to 14.2 volts.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

magicmantx
Explorer
Explorer
I just converted all but a few of my lights in my 2013 fuzion. I wound up being 5 short as i got a few of the wrong bulbs because i didnt pull them before ordering. Most of my bulbs were the G4 which i had no expierence with until now. Ordered mine from a us based shipping location and had them in 3 days. I had a few lights such as the outside security lights and compartments that took the 1156 style. Total cost was about 40 dollars and very happy with the results. We boondock alot and looking to extend battery life .

ng2951
Explorer
Explorer
Yep they arrived and they worked well. Considerably cheaper than from the RV shops.

Only problem I had is not all the fixtures used the same size bulb even though the fixtures looked the same. So I will have to order some bayonet based LEDs for those.
2017 GD Imagine 2800BH
2017 53 days camping

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ditto on eBay. I've been buying and selling on eBay since 1998.

If you are not familiar with eBay you need to be sure to look at the feedback percentage of the seller. There are some sellers out of China that will have hundreds of thousands of feedbacks. You can click on the seller's feedback number and look at the positives and negatives. Look at the negatives and see how many are for LEDs. Some of these Chinese companies have hundreds of products. Many, many of those negatives come from inexperienced eBay buyers.

We bought 32 flat panel LEDs two years ago on eBay for our TT that we boondock in. No failures. Paid less than $2 per panel.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
I bought all my LEDs here

Here's the write up I did on them a few years ago.
Bob

RVcircus
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just ordered 10 LED bulbs from 2011_LED on eBay last night. Thanks for the tip.
2000 KZ Sportsman 2505 (overhauled & upgraded 2014)
2016 Chevy Express 3500 15 passanger van
6 humans, 2 cats, and a dog
Visit our blog at www.ROWLESmade.com
Our trailer re-build thread

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have bought from this ebay vendor before. You really can't beat the price of these things on ebay and *could* pay up to 10 times that at a local dealer. Also bought from another ebay vendor but can't find that vendor now. There's a lot of ebay vendors for the made in Ch*na ones.

My experience with the offshore ones is that if you buy a handful of them, you may find one that is faulty. I had one that had a flickering row in an array. For the cost, you can just toss it. Might be a good idea to buy an extra one or two.

I've also found that the color is inconsistent in the same order. I bought 4 warm white G4 type recently and half are more bluish than the other two. That really bugs me, but nobody else is going to notice. The light output was disappointingly low as well.

There are no industry standards like there are for 120 volt lamps. Trying to determine what lumen rating to get for ex. can be frustrating and you may find what you order is much dimmer than expected.

You can buy some very nice domestic LEDs but will obviously pay more.

Instead of just replacing lamps, depending on what you have and are trying to do, you might consider installing LED puck lights. I have found that I can replace a 1/2 size pancake/dome light with a puck light and not have visible screw holes. You may also find that you can install two puck lights side by side to replace a pancake light and not have screw holes showing. I bought 8 of these ebay puck lights for $9.95 each. They are pretty good, have good light output and are lightweight.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
tenbear wrote:
Here is a link to 2011_LED's store. That's where I bought most of my LEDs.

I ordered from the same seller on ebay as tenbear and it worked out great. Be advised all these seller ship from China and it takes about 2 weeks.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Mine were from a different E-bay vendor, but the idea is the same. I paid $21 for 15 921 panels with 48 LEDs. We're closing in on the end of our second season with them and we couldn't be happier.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

ng2951
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. Sometimes these threads get a little old and it is tough to find fresh info.
2017 GD Imagine 2800BH
2017 53 days camping

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a link to 2011_LED's store. That's where I bought most of my LEDs.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
AliExpress.com

Check there, and search for LED lights.

I found some 24 LED 5050 panel lights, with 3 bases, that plug into the RV lamp, then have a 2" cord to the LED panel. I bought a few, then 10 more, then a package of 50 of them for $60 - or $1.20 each.

I used some to light up my friend's house, with several LED panels spaced around the home, and hooked up to a spare 26 AH sealed battery (from a wheelchair that had 2 batteries, only 1 was bad) and used my pair of 45 watt 20 year old solar panels, and a $13 PWM controller from AliExpress rated at 10 amps.

Our church was going to send some people to Africa, and they are going to install some in the church there, and a couple of local batteries, with a solar system to power it all.

I was able to replace my running lights with some small base lamps, that have 7 each 5050 LED lamps on it, for about $9.40 for 20 of them.

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
X whatever the count is for 2011_LED, nearly all of the LEDs I used to do a full conversion 3 years ago were from this Ebay supplier, purchased from them as they were highly recommended by a member of this forum.

Not a single LED has failed since the conversion, they did take a couple of weeks to receive but they were a fraction of the price compared to domestic sources. Good luck on your conversion, we camp off the grid often and after the conversion it felt like we added an extra battery

In fact, the few high priced LEDs I purchased from US sources were the only ones to have failed since the conversion. Be forewarned, not all Ebay stores sell quality LEDs, but this one is a winner in our books.

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Another satisfied 2011_led customer here.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......