cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Propane Tank Cover Upgrade - Guidance Needed

upmm019
Explorer
Explorer
I am attempting to install a hard-sided propane cover on my FR Grand Surveyor Hybrid.

I have repositioned my tank tray so the cover will easily side over my tanks.

However, I've seen many of these tank covers laying in interstate ditches or medians and I want to ensure mine does not end up there.

That said, there are two tabs centered at the bottom and I will need to make something up to secure them too.

However, there are also these indents (front and back) on the cover.

I'm wondering if there should be also some sort of metal clips that ride above the indent to help keep them secure and held down onto the tanks/trailer frame?

If anyone can provide some guidance or share some pictures of your factory installation or DIY installation that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks -

Happy 4th of July
God Bless America
8 REPLIES 8

toddb
Explorer
Explorer
I lost mine, I made one out of aluminum. Tie wrapped it on.

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
PenMan wrote:
I have the same tabs and just use a short bungee cord that goes under the tank support to keep the cover in place. Never any problems.

Same here. But I also have a small hole drilled in the back of the cover through which I pass a long cable lock to lock my tanks to the trailer under the cover. Now I really don't need the bungee cord but am yet to remove it.
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

elkrott
Explorer
Explorer
Bungee cord. Be sure you go under a brace.

Taplep
Explorer
Explorer
I added the same cover and ran a short bungee cord underneath through the 2 holes on the cover. No problems after 3 years
2010 KZ Sportsman S272BH
2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

memgrove
Explorer
Explorer
Ours came from the factory with a bungee cord holding it on. They just ran it under the plate the Lp tanks sit on.
Mike
2006 Chevy 2500 4X4 crew cab Gasser
2013 Dutchmen Denali 311 BHS (Love the trailer HATE the manufacture!)

westend
Explorer
Explorer
It looks like you have a hole in the tank base that is somewhat in line with the cover tab. Maybe you could fashion a metal piece with a captive bolt or nut, using a wing nut, that would fasten the cover to the base?
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

t_m
Explorer
Explorer
I used zip ties on mine.

PenMan
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same tabs and just use a short bungee cord that goes under the tank support to keep the cover in place. Never any problems.
Chris and Jane
2013 Open Range Journeyer JT337RLS
2006 Dodge Ram 3500, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, 5.9 turbo diesel
1996 Harley Davidson Electraglide