cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

sealing old eterna bond.

busyguy
Explorer
Explorer
I was on my roof the other day and noticed the eterna bond tape that I put on about 10 years ago has started to come apart.The white outer cover on the tape is coming off.
Can I just use new tape to cover the bad parts or should I try and take the old tape off?
Thanks for your input
Busyguy
8 REPLIES 8

busyguy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the replies. I did call the company and they said to put contact cement on the eternal bond and it will be fine. Will try and get to it next week.
Busyguy

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
The Liquid Rubber coating will stick just fine to the old Eternabond.
I did my roof several years ago and posted about it here, along with a bunch of pictures of the process.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

BIKERK9
Explorer
Explorer
busyguy wrote:
Thanks guy's for all the input. I just ordered the Liquid Rubber and will redo the roof next week. Needed it anyway. Hope the rubber coating sticks to the old tape.
Busyguy

Call the people at EPDM. They are friendly and will answer all your questions.
DoggyDaddy
2008 Damon Outlaw 37', WH-24, 8.1 GMC
Class A Toy Hauler
DoggyDaddy CommunityProfile

busyguy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guy's for all the input. I just ordered the Liquid Rubber and will redo the roof next week. Needed it anyway. Hope the rubber coating sticks to the old tape.
Busyguy

consumeratlarge
Explorer
Explorer
I have a spot on mine that had been gooped with silicone, since the eternabond doesn't stick well. Where the roof meets the front cap. I've pulled on the loosened Eternabond, until I find a part that doesn't want to pull up, then cut it there, reclean it with the Eternabond cleaner, then retape overlapping the previous. That seems to stick ok, but the spot where the big clump of silicon was may need another treatment with silicone remover if it comes loose again. If the top cover of the tape came apart, I would be tempted to tape over it after cleaning it. Worst case is that the original tape will be the same amount of trouble to pull up, assuming it is still sticking well.
Coachmen Pursuit 31BDP 2013, 300w solar, 1200w sine inverter, In-motion Winegard Dome sat. ant., L.E.D. lights, P2 brake controller, Yamaha 250 on back carrier, or pulling Stehl dolly with Hyundai Santa Fe

Jim_Arndt
Explorer
Explorer
Mine was 10 years old, and completely split along the seam. I don't think it was eternabond, my brother had it done, It didn't have the glossy texture like the uv stabilized version of eternabond.

Anyways, cleaned the old and applied new directly on top, 20 minute job. I would Not try removing the old...
1988 Jamboree 26 - E350 460FI (It was FREE! Thanks Bro!)
2002 Tioga 29V
1986 Six Pac Truck Camper

BIKERK9
Explorer
Explorer
DICOR FAQ

Consider DIY EPDM Liquid Roof Coating. It is UV resistant and comes with warrantee. It is like one giant rubber blanket. EPDM Application
is easy and does not require primer or multiple coats. One coat does it all.
DoggyDaddy
2008 Damon Outlaw 37', WH-24, 8.1 GMC
Class A Toy Hauler
DoggyDaddy CommunityProfile

Road_Runners
Explorer
Explorer
I am having the same problem. It doesn't seem so eterna. I would like to hear what some have to say about how you fix or repair already installed eterna bond.
'05' F-250 Power Stroke
'00' 30' Cameo Fifth Wheel