cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide out problem solved

daveor
Explorer
Explorer
The trailer I have has the Accu-slide for the slide out,, last couple of times I put the slide-out out, it hung up about half way out, had no idea what was causing the problem. Thought it was the rollers underneath that were getting hung up on something,,, wrong,, got to looking and the blocks the cables are hooked to above the slide-out behind the facia board on the front of the slide which move past each other were hitting when they by-passed,, the locking nuts that are fastened to the chains were loose which let the blocks turn. Pulled the facia off and made sure the blocks were straight up and down, tightened the lock nuts, No More problem. I still would like to put something on the bottom of the slide out for the rollers to ride on, just not sure what,, right now they are riding on the particle board they have for the floor of the slide out, and it is splintering off. Anyone done something like this,, thinking maybe some 1/8th inch metal fastened to the floor above the rollers.
5 REPLIES 5

Dandy_Dan
Explorer
Explorer
Daveor, Take a look at the BAL website and it tells how to adjust the cable slide system. We are on our 7th year with ours and had them adjusted just last year for the first time. Good Luck
dan218b@tds.net
Dan and Lori Branson
Anna 1 and Lily( The new one)
Sarah-7/16 and Beau at the Rainbow bridge
2015 Ford SD350 Crew Cab Power Stroke
2009 Open Range 337RLS
Old Fella Rally Member
RV.Net Ohio Rally Member

ADAD437
Explorer
Explorer
i had to take mine back to the factory because the rollers had come loose. they put metal plates on the bottom of the slide for the rollers to ride on, no more problems.

James,Gail & Pancho
2005 georgie boy Pursuit

๐Ÿ˜›

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
daveor wrote:
Hornnumb2 wrote:
Not sure if you have seen this suggestion,a lot of people are using the metal door kick plates.
Thank you,,, no I had not seen that, great idea though, will have to do a bit of research to figure out how to put them on so they will stay, Not sure how thick the floor is, thinking about 3/4 inch, shouldn't take much to hold it though, not like it is sliding sideways, just pushing up on it.

Glue and screw.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

daveor
Explorer
Explorer
Hornnumb2 wrote:
Not sure if you have seen this suggestion,a lot of people are using the metal door kick plates.
Thank you,,, no I had not seen that, great idea though, will have to do a bit of research to figure out how to put them on so they will stay, Not sure how thick the floor is, thinking about 3/4 inch, shouldn't take much to hold it though, not like it is sliding sideways, just pushing up on it.

Hornnumb2
Explorer
Explorer